Camera Unreachable after firmware upgrade (no network)

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
hi !

I upgrade my SD52-C225U-HNI tonight with the latest firmware (v2.622.0000000.1.r.171121) 1 hour ago.
When its finished, the camera boot again. All seems to be OK.

After this upgrade, i launch the upgrade of main_mcu_v2.300.0000000.10.r.170926.bin of the SD59... so dumb' !

After this second upgrade, the camera doesn't boot.... During initialization, some noise as it is blocked.

The camera is not reachable over network...(192.168.1.108 unreachable !)
There is a reset button but it seems to do nothing.

I can't find the serial port to upgrade with TFTP. Someone can help me ?

thanks a lot for your help (and sorry for my english:idk:)

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try with ConfigTool. You shoudl find it

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
network adress unreachable...
I use POE and the camera start.

With config tool, no camera detected.

I have set 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.254.254 adress on my computer but i don't see any broadcast from network.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
When I upgraded a firmware on my cam I lost the communication as well.
I ended up having to send it back for repair and they changed out the main board.
What is main_mcu_? A file in the firmware folder?

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
yes,

i have made an error.... so dumb !
i have flash my sd52c225u-hni with thirs firm "general_sd59xxx-hn-main_mcu_v2.300.0000000.10.r.170926"

the problem is that's firm is not for this model.

I test network directly from my computer but nothing... no link !the network stay down.... i think the NIC of the cam don't start !

Someone can take a photo of the serial port of the cam because i can't find it !

thansk !

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok but i can't acces to the cam. No network. Just a request from 1.108 via TFTP Server but i don't know what i have to write in commands.txt to put new firmware on cam !

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you ping the cam's IP address? You could use something like Angry IP Scanner to see if the camera is still on your network. If it's not, you may have reset the IP address back to factory default.

This may help:

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks but the problem is harder.

On camera boot, the cam broadcast with 192.168.1.108 (default address). I see network packet with WireShark from 1.108 to 254. My TFTP console server confirm that. But with TFTP server, i have to set command in a text file who specifies the name of the update file. But the cam check the upgrade_info_7db780a713a4.txt file and don't made anything.

Someone already made an upgrade by this way ? unfortunably, i made update wia USB-TTL cable. But i can(t find the serial port on the cam. Who know where are the pin on a SD52C225 to plug my cable ?

Help please :)

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont think you will find a "serial port" to plug anything in. You will have a Rx and Tx contacts on the main board.
Someplace on this forum there was a nice write up how to unbrick a cam this way, but may not work for your situation.

Attachments

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks jmcu for your photo. But is it a card from a sd52c225 ?
i don't see this type of card in mine !
The TX RX are on the main or on the network card ?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
It is from my sd6AE240. It is inside the camera by the lens.

Did you search for bricked camera in the forums search above?

You nay not find one for your camera but it will show you about where the serial port contacts are.

It is not going to be a easy task but you could post for some help there. There should be a few guys that know how to do it, if it is even capable at this point.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes,

i have made an error.... so dumb !
i have flash my sd52c225u-hni with thirs firm "general_sd59xxx-hn-main_mcu_v2.300.0000000.10.r.170926"

the problem is that's firm is not for this model.

I test network directly from my computer but nothing... no link !the network stay down.... i think the NIC of the cam don't start !

Someone can take a photo of the serial port of the cam because i can't find it !

thansk !
It looks like the incorrect firmware you flashed was the PTZ firmware, which is a very small file (34KB) for a much smaller micro-controller elsewhere in the camera.
Did you install any other firmware or just this one file? The main firmware would have a file name like: DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.1.R.171121.bin and would be much larger on the order of 28MB
How did you flash it? Using the web interface?

I'm not sure how easily you'll be able to recover from this. There's got a be a way, but I don't know what it is.

I have no idea if this would work but... I'd try holding down the reset button for >3 minutes when power is applied to the camera while checking to see if theconfig tool can see the camera. If it can flash the correct PTZ firmware. I'd also check the web interface periodically while holding the reset button.

This won't fix it, but we can get a little more information:
Using the TFTPBackup package @cor35vet put together put the following at the top of your commands.txt (make a copy of what it currently is first)
Code:
partition
printenv
then run commands.bat, console.bat, and tftpserver.bat
connect the camera and copy the console output (scroll up to top) and post it here (wrap it in bb code tags using the + icon in the editor). Copy from the command prompt by right clicking, choose mark, select all the text, then right click within your selection, paste.

So i guess the question is does anyone know how to unbrick from installing the wrong PTZ frimware?

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where'd you buy the camera from? You might try contacting the re seller for support.

onetech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi !

I upgrade my SD52-C225U-HNI tonight with the latest firmware (v2.622.0000000.1.r.171121) 1 hour ago.
When its finished, the camera boot again. All seems to be OK.

After this upgrade, i launch the upgrade of main_mcu_v2.300.0000000.10.r.170926.bin of the SD59... so dumb' !

After this second upgrade, the camera doesn't boot.... During initialization, some noise as it is blocked.

The camera is not reachable over network...(192.168.1.108 unreachable !)
There is a reset button but it seems to do nothing.

I can't find the serial port to upgrade with TFTP. Someone can help me ?

thanks a lot for your help (and sorry for my english:idk:)