Camera vs NVR settings

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious to know which settings take precedence? I have a resolutions, frame rates etc. set in both the cameras and the NVR the same however upon restarting the NVR, some random settings are back to the default - mainly frame rate.

The original setting is still in the camera however.

Which setting takes precedence? I would assume the camera settings would? So wouldn't that mean the settings for resolution, frame rate etc. are redundant?

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
So if the camera was set to say 1920*1080p at 15fps and 2560Kbps maximum bitrate but the NVR was set to 2560*1440 at "full frame rate" (i.e. 25fps) with a max bitrate of 6144Kbps, the NVR settings will override the lesser settings? Does this mean that technically you don't need to configure each camera and you only need to adjust the settings from your NVR at Video/Audio > Video page for each camera?

I have a couple of sites where the settings seems to change themselves randomly, but particularly after a full reboot. Irrespective if the site is done with grey market or legitimate cameras.

Perhaps I need to factory wipe the each camera and only configure the cameras via the NVR as you're saying the camera settings are ignored? Does the NVR actually change the settings in the camera or apply the video settings after it receives the stream from the camera?

One particular site, cameras are automatically added via the NVR/Hik protocol and are a mix of DS2CD2345s and 3345's and some DS2CD2142s. All do the same thing where the settings change. NVR is a DS7716N-E4/16P with v3.4.80 build 160718.

Midrar

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't comment on how generic cameras would react but can as far as US Hik's. You can go into each camera and change settings, but the NVR overrides all camera settings if it's a hik camera and hik NVR. So while the individual camera page may seem to retain all of the different settings when you connect directly, what you see in the NVR is what you'll have.

So to answer your question, yes you can it all within the NVR. It's with a shot to factory wipe and to try it again.

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll try a camera default and let you know how I go. Cheers!