Camera was working, now only works in real time and wont record

Reaction score
I have 8 Hikvision cams and a Hikvision NVR using Hikvision software. All cams were working 100%. One turret cam now only works live but does not record to NVR. All other cams are still 100%. When I view all 8 cams at one time, IE: One large picture for one cam and 7 other small pictures, the problem camera will only show an image when showing as one of 7 small pictures. When I drag the problem cam over to work as the large picture it does not work and shows a black screen, the other cameras continue to show images. In single viewing mode all other cams work showing the image, the problem cam shows only a black screen. The problem cam does not record any longer but the others still do. I re initialized the HD and that did not fix it. I refreshed the problem cam and no fix. I'm new to this and did the install myself. Ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 8 Hikvision cams and a Hikvision NVR using Hikvision software. All cams were working 100%. One turret cam now only works live but does not record to NVR. All other cams are still 100%. When I view all 8 cams at one time, IE: One large picture for one cam and 7 other small pictures, the problem camera will only show an image when showing as one of 7 small pictures. When I drag the problem cam over to work as the large picture it does not work and shows a black screen, the other cameras continue to show images. In single viewing mode all other cams work showing the image, the problem cam shows only a black screen. The problem cam does not record any longer but the others still do. I re initialized the HD and that did not fix it. I refreshed the problem cam and no fix. I'm new to this and did the install myself. Ideas?
Check the settings for the main stream...when displaying in matrix view the substream is displayed. When full screen and recording its the main stream...make sure it set to h.264 not something else...