Camera Water Issue

RevB

n3wb
Reaction score
There has been a seal failure. You need to take the camera apart, clean the internal surface of view port, bake dry the internals, replace silica pack, and close with addition of silicone grease on seals.

Dismount the camera. You will see the two halves of camera sphere are bolted together.
Unbolt and take the two halves apart. Also remove the memory card access door. Be care not to damage the sealing gaskets.

Continue camera take apart to get access to view port interior surface from its interior. Clean that.

Reassemble components, but do not close up the sphere halves.

Bake dry all the camera components in dehydrator at 120 to 156F for several hours.

Place new silica get packet into camera.

Pull off the gaskets and coat them witht silicone grease before putting gaskets back into their grooves.

Finally bolt the sphere and memory access door back together.

RevB

n3wb
Reaction score
There has been a seal failure. You need to take the camera apart, clean the internal surface of view port, bake dry the internals, replace silica pack, and close with addition of silicone grease on seals.

Dismount the camera. You will see the two halves of camera sphere are bolted together.
Unbolt and take the two halves apart. Also remove the memory card access door. Be care not to damage the sealing gaskets.

Continue camera take apart to get access to view port interior surface from its interior. Clean that.

Bake dry all the camera components in dehydrator at 120 to 156F for several hours.

Pull off the gaskets and coat them witht silicone grease before putting gaskets back into their grooves.

When the poster recommends silicone grease try something like Molykote 111. It may seem expensive but I've had my tube for years. Do not use an acetal RTV silicone....when it cures it emits acetic acid fumes and that raises hell with electronics. There is an electronics grade RTV but I wouldn't use that either in this application.

Molykote is food grade and can be used on things like faucet seals to extend their lives.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And when you order this, do you actually get the nozzle?

I sent 2 tubes back as incomplete. 2 separate orders. I don’t have a nozzle and of course they didn’t send any.
I just gave up.
yes.
Two (1 is the competition) are shown on Amazon and the one shipped is shown at the BioSeal page.
I'd call BioSeal and I'll bet they'll ship 2, if you blame whoever you bought from.

Email
sales@biosealsealants.com

Phone
718-747-4334

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see the problem, I ordered clear - that ships from amazon not innovations k.
The amazon monkeys grab a tube of caulk from the box and wonder why they have so many extra nozzles when the box is empty.

Seems I have a bioseal dealer 20 minutes from home according to the website. Looking up the address it’s not exactly clear who or where that would be. Livingston ave, New Brunswick.

Guess I’ll have to call.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua should look at putting in EDPM seals instead of rubber which is what I presume they're using. Unlike rubber it doesn't deteriorate. My Pond liner went in my pond 40 years ago and is still going strong despite 40 years of sunlight, water, temperature changes etc. Many plumbing seals are now EDPM for this reason. Maybe Dahua should look at making the change.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Condensation comes down to dew point which is beyond anyone's control. Basically there is a temperature humidity combination at which point moisture stored in the air condenses out onto surfaces. This is the dew point. If you look at your local weather forecast, it probably states the dew point for any given day. Although with the weather the dew point is usually the air temperature, I believe with surfaces it can be the temperature of the surface so eg. if an object is cold and your bring it out of the fridge into a warm room, you may observe condensation forming on the object.

JonnyBonny

n3wb
Reaction score

Pull off the gaskets and coat them witht silicone nehir grease before putting gaskets back into their grooves.

Wow thanks for that guykuo!