Camera Web GUI won't work...Requires QuickTime Plug-in

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I acquired a camera, (American Dynamics i825 fish-eye) that has a built in GUI web server interface which requires the Apple QuickTime plug-in for camera views in its settings section.

Problem is, QuickTime has been discontinued, (supposedly due to security flaws), and it is no longer supported on and blocked by most any browser I use so I cannot even load the plugin.

I have Windows 10 OS with IE 11, Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers installed.
I also have an Apple i Mac and its own Safari browser also does not load or support the Quicktime plug-in for this camera's browser page.
None of them will allow me to run a QuickTime plug-in so the camera's GUI will not work properly and I cannot configure things like different de-warped views that it offers.
I can install Quicktime, (latest version 7.7.9) and it says the plug-in is installed but none of the browsers either show or recognize it or they seem to ignore it.

Any other browsers out there that support and run web pages that require Quicktime?
Any way to force the plug-in to install and run somehow? (I've read a few sites about this but it does not work.)

I've contacted the mfg but no response from them so far.

Do I have any options for getting this functionality to work so I can adjust the camera settings or do I basically have either a permanent fish-eye view or a door stop?

Thanks!

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks,
I'll look into those for my Windows computer.

I found a way to re-enable quicktime on my i Mac, so at least it will work there for now...but supposedly not safe.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try installing VLC's browser plugin.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do have the VLC browser already installed.
How will that help \ how can I use it in this situation?
It's the camera's GUI internal web pages\views that are built around the Quicktime browser plug-in requirement which would be hard coded in their page.

Anyway, it is working on my iMac now...but would like to get a browser on my Windows 10 computer to be able to work with the camera's interface.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
maybe just view the cam over rtsp