Camera with both microphone and speaker

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking for a camera that has 2 way audio for someone. They want to be able to hear and talk to someone thru the camera. Anyone have a suggestion? I have an old sunba that has 2 rca connections for mic and speaker. I used a powered mic and a Bluetooth speaker powered with a long micro usb cable.. it worked but wondering if there was a better solution.. would like to stick with dahua
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for a camera that has 2 way audio for someone. They want to be able to hear and talk to someone thru the camera. Anyone have a suggestion? I have an old sunba that has 2 rca connections for mic and speaker. I used a powered mic and a Bluetooth speaker powered with a long micro usb cable.. it worked but wondering if there was a better solution.. would like to stick with dahua
Thanks
This does not exist for outdoors unless you want to spend money on something like Mobotix.
You can buy a mini and and speaker that will look nice when installed properly.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Agree. What I've found is you can find some with a built in mic but those do not have any way to connect a speaker or any 2 way ability. Then you can find some that have 2 way ability (have extra cable with RCA's or hard wire) but those have no mic or speaker built in, you have to use external ones. Maybe a doorbell camera or a Mobotix like fenderman suggested. One other option if its for indoor. The consumer A35 and A46 PTZ cameras have both mic and speaker (have to use the goofy Lechange phone app to use it).

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
This does not exist for outdoors unless you want to spend money on something like Mobotix.
You can buy a mini and and speaker that will look nice when installed properly.
What type of speaker do you suggest?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.