Cameras 1 hour behind until I login

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All my cameras are set to place there time stamp on the video. I do not use BI for the time stamp. However I noticed that they are all 1 hour behind time. When I login to them all of a sudden the time gets updated to the correct time. Any idea what is going on"

I have Dauhau, foscam and amcrest

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All my cameras are set to place there time stamp on the video. I do not use BI for the time stamp. However I noticed that they are all 1 hour behind time. When I login to them all of a sudden the time gets updated to the correct time. Any idea what is going on"

I have Dauhau, foscam and amcrest
When you logged in they synced time with your desktop PC (its an option under date and time settings). Check the date and time settings, you might have the time zone wrong there, so when it hits the ntp server it gets the wrong time

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried a new time server. It seemed to help. But I would really like to use the BI timestamp on my recordings. Does anyone know how to get the BI time stamp on DIrect to disk recordings?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you checked that you have the correct time zone and if day light saving is enabled/disabled?

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I may need to start a new thread on BI time stamp

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried a new time server. It seemed to help. But I would really like to use the BI timestamp on my recordings. Does anyone know how to get the BI time stamp on DIrect to disk recordings?
The only way I know to add a BI date and time stamp with Direct-to-disk is to export the clip later. In order for this to work, the recording file type container must be BVR and you need to check "Add the camera's current text and graphic overlay" box in the export window.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did that. I exported it as MP4. But no timestamp

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is a problem with the foscam camera and the amcrest needed to go to a different time server.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen problems where Eastern Time is always an hour off and you have to select Atlantic time. Seems to be centered around Daylight Savings and the date it occurs. I now run the time synch tool locally on one my servers as well.

dweinblatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I went back and checked the time in March (yes, I am a data hoarder) and it appears all my Foscam cameras completely ignored the DST spring forward in March. I use BI as well(double time stamped) and BI did skip forward but foscam did not (and yes foscam is configured)... must just be a bug