Cameras disconnecting

Reaction score
Hey guys, this started two weeks ago seemingly randomly. I've got 8 hikvision 3mp cameras of various types around an office. In the space of 2 days, 3 of the cameras stopped being seen by blue iris, getting a no signal error. I'm unable to reach them by IP address and they don't show up in SADP.

I unplug them, and plugged them back in; and they started working again.

Week later, all the other cameras that weren't reset just went down. What is going on??

I've got the POE switch powering all of them hooked up to a battery backup, as well as a computer; and reports no issues. I guess that would rule out the switch. But why after a year of flawless work is this suddenly happening now? Also the cameras that went down all went down the same day, but at a different times.

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have an installation of about 16 Hiks running on a PoE switch with UPS, similar setup to you.

We started having random connection drops for no reason, only way to get the camera back online was to reboot the switch port the camera was on.

What solved it for us was changing the Nic Type under network settings in the camera from Auto to 100 Full Dup

There is no explanation for this as all the cameras are identical, same model, firmware etc and it only happened with 3 of them but 2 months later no more drops after that change in the settings.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
negotiation issues point to wiring problems, perhaps weather exposure or other interference has recently became an issue.

sometimes though some network interfaces just seem to struggle negotiating, even though everything checks out.. usually forcing the speed fixes the underlying issue.. the better the switch, the better it will cope with bad cabling and network interfaces.