Cameras displaying image when offline or disconnected

Reaction score
I have several cheapy wifi cameras. I am quite aware of, and am used to the issues of using wifi cameras.
It appears that one of the recent updates may have change something which has decreased my confidence in the information i get from BI.
When my cameras is unreachable for what ever reason, BI retains the last image before the camera went rogue. The problem with this is that I never know if there was evan a possiblitiy of an event happening when it was offline. If I play the video, it is continuous without a glitch, or movement, or any indicatation that it was unavailable at a particular time.
Can anyone shed any light or provide a solution/workaround for this?

Reaction score
wittaj,
Thanks for your reply. I am looking at the watchdog now and am trying to figure out how to use it to change the image to something else so I know it was offline.
My setting for the test camera is the same as your screen shot but it still seems to do the same thing.

I haven't figured it out yet and if you have any other ideas, I sure would appreciate them. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed when I dig deeper into these sort of problems.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Change the timeout period to something shorter then. It may take several minutes for it to show no signal based on your timeout and other settings.

The better thing to do is to use the Fire Actions option to send you a push or text or email when it loses signal.

Reaction score
I just tried tinkering a bit more and I think
Change the timeout period to something shorter then. It may take several minutes for it to show no signal based on your timeout and other settings.

The better thing to do is to use the Fire Actions option to send you a push or text or email when it loses signal.
it is working now. Thanks for you infortmation.