Cameras doesn't show up back after power outage

hk23

n3wb
Reaction score
Every time electricity goes off and come back my HIK vision cameras doesn't come back on mobile device although they are working on HDMI but on mobile it shows as device offline. Than I have to bring out the power cable and place it back to get the view but if I am out of house I can't see them which makes them useless, tried factory resetting but of no use kindly suggest something.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like you have your cameras set to DHCP so when they power cycle they are getting a new IP address which doesn't match with the settings in your mobile app. Also if this is the case and it sounds like you may also be port forwarding those IP addresses through your router so you can view your cameras when you are away from your local LAN hence when they change the port forward rule is invalid as its set for X.Y.Z IP address.

Look at setting your cameras to static IP addresses so they will always use the same IP address so when rebooted your mobile app is always looking for the cameras on the same IP address. Also if you can get away with port forwarding (If this is what you are doing) then look into stopping this and setting up VPN access. Security cameras have many back doors in them so if can be helped, shouldn't be exposed to the Internet direct.

hk23

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you I have turned off that DHCP thing deleted the device from mobile added it again. Now the other thing you suggested is out of my league to understand that what does it mean port forwarding etc yes one of the leads is attached in wifi router but its for internet providing to cameras.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you I have turned off that DHCP thing deleted the device from mobile added it again. Now the other thing you suggested is out of my league to understand that what does it mean port forwarding etc yes one of the leads is attached in wifi router but its for internet providing to cameras.
If its "Out of your league" I can only think the following:-

1) You have never setup port forwarding
2) Somebody else set this up for you and you need to ask them about it
3) You are using some mobile app which either uses p2p (again somebody else set this up) or the app uses UPNP which simply does all the port forwarding for you.

Hard to tell with the limted information so if you could provide more info that may help and also you may want to read up on UPNP / P2P and think about switching it off on your router / camera. Not very secure.

You can google port fowarding, but basically it allows your devices on your internal network to be able to reach the bad internet via a port and the also things on the internet to reach your device on your internal network.

hk23

n3wb
Reaction score
Sir exactly we asked someone to install it and he did it and went out of city now I am trying to fix it by my self secondly update on DHCP is that after unchecking it my device is showing as offline. For reference sharing this info if you can guide me what to do now I will be highly obliged.

Attachments

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I'm guessing your IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.48, so if you enter that in your web browser can you access the camera interface and login? BTW you are using the Hik-Connect which is a P2P solution.

hk23

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thank you for your time and replies currently I have no idea how to fix it but hopefully soon get some step by step or pictorial method to fix this issue.