Cameras falling offline

Reaction score
I have a system that has bunch of reolink, amcrest and SV3C cameras. It's mainly my sv3c cameras are falling offline hourly every once in a while, the reolink and amcrest cameras fall offline mainly at reboot.. They are still accessable from the web GUI and they respond to a ping. To fix it I just go onto UI3 or the Iphone app and select reboot and it comes back.

I'm currently on 5.2.7.12 I did update to newer release lastweek and it did not fix my camera drop out/offline issue and it broke my IOS push notification the thumbnails stopped coming thru. So I reverted back to 5.2.7.12.
Any ideas?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one Reolink and two SV3C cameras. All of them drop out for no apparent reason but I believe it's because they are junk cameras. I'm still using them, but they are getting replaced before fall gets here. I'm tired of those dropouts and the required reboots.

Last edited:

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a system that has bunch of reolink, amcrest and SV3C cameras. It's mainly my sv3c cameras are falling offline hourly every once in a while, the reolink and amcrest cameras fall offline mainly at reboot.. They are still accessable from the web GUI and they respond to a ping. To fix it I just go onto UI3 or the Iphone app and select reboot and it comes back.

I'm currently on 5.2.7.12 I did update to newer release lastweek and it did not fix my camera drop out/offline issue and it broke my IOS push notification the thumbnails stopped coming thru. So I reverted back to 5.2.7.12.
Any ideas?
The BI update is not going to address your issue. It sounds like you have a network issue going on. Need some detail on your cameras, how they are connected (Wireless/Wired), and detail on your network layout to be able to help give you an idea of where to look next.

Reaction score
I have 19 cameras on the system i'm having trouble with.
3 ACTi old as dirt but solid
8 Reolink 420 99% okay they lag to connect after a reboot of BI since the 4 to 5 upgrade.
2 fixed amcrest solid
1 PTZ amcrest solid
2 fixed amcrest cams solid
2 Generic cant remember the name but solid LPR cams
1 Generic cant remember the name but solid dome it looks like the reolink 420
2 sv3c cams that fall off daily they were perfectly fine intil going from 4 to ver 5

Everything is wired. I have a VLAN for my BI and cameras, everything is set static and the only this that is allowed internet is the BI box and I protect the 81 port forward with PFblockerNG the cameras get time from my domain controller on UDP 123 I don't want them phoning home to China.
I use IP's in BI to connect to the cameras not hostnames.
I might try to remove and re-add the SV3C cameras and see if they stay.

I just updated my PF sense to 2.4.5 and now my push notifictios are hit and miss again. I'll troubleshoot that now.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Not wanting to state the obvious, but, you're having problems with Reolink and even more problems with SV3C. Both have received poor reviews here on IPCT for many reasons as well as dropping off line randomly and repeatedly. Your better cameras do not seem to be plagued with this kind of problem. I can tell you I have 1 Hikvision, 2 SV3C, 1 Reolink, and 8 Dahua cameras and the only ones that exhibit this problem are the Reolink and SV3Cs. That makes it fairly obvious, at leasst to me, where the problem actually originates.

I will say that rapid temperature changes seem to produce more dropouts than steady temperatures. That also points to the poor quality, and probably quality control, of these two camera brands.

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same issue with different dahua/axis/mobotix/reolink/amcreat setups. check your eventlogs, can you see messages like this:

1594311323672.png

5.2.7.19 solved the issue

Reaction score
I ended up installing 5.3.0.1 and it resolved my cameras falling offline and blueiris.exe crashing. But now I lost pictures previews on my motion, I'll create another post.

Thanks for the help.