Cameras losing privacy mask on reboot

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got several cameras (DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU v5.7.13) connected to a DS-7604NXI-K1-4P. A couple of the cameras need a privacy mask, which I set up in the NVR interface, and seems to work fine.

However, from time to time, if the NVR is rebooted (either by power cycling, or rebooting from the console) the privacy masks disappear. The other settings, alarms, intrusion detection, etc. which I set up all stay active and correct.

Is this a normal feature that the privacy mask disappears after a reboot? This doesn't seem right to me. Is there any other way to configure this, except through the NVR GUI?

The installer seemed clueless, and didn't even seem aware that you could configure masks and alarms.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It generally works best to set camera configuration settings in the camera interface.
These are then picked up by the NVR if the camera is managed by an NVR.
Try setting the mask on the camera web GUI and see if it survives the NVR reboot.

Reaction score
I was able to get to the camera web GUI, but it's asking for a password. Any idea what I should put? I've tried the forgotten password option, but it says, there is no security question or recovery email set up, and that there is no way to proceed.

I don't use a password to log into the NVR, it's just open.