Cameras losing signal

MIPS64

n3wb
Reaction score
I am unsure if this is a Blue Iris problem or not.

I used to have 5 camera servers, each with 6 Foscam FI8910W cameras on them which has never experienced this problem. Today I have built a new "super computer" to let all 30 cameras on them. What I am finding is some of the cameras randomly cut out displaying no signal, followed by: Error: ffffffff (I/O error:0) 0 and 80002745 (socket error: 10053) 0. 4 different cameras have cut out, 1 of them doing it twice.

To fix this I must physically pull the power on the camera to reset it as the reset camera option in Blue Iris does not fix it. Afterwards, Blue Iris once again see's the camera.

So I am curious if anyone has experienced this before and has a solution?

Thanks for your time.

Running Blue Iris 3.66.00

Intel Core i7 4790k
8 GB RAM
ASRock Z97 Extreme6
8x 4TB hard drives
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

All cameras on ethernet plugged directly to Cisco Catalyst 2960-X switches, non-PoE.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There can be many reasons for this..It seems to be more common with foscam (junk cameras) and their clones...See if there is updated firmware.
Also as an aside, blue iris 4 has just been released which is available in a 64bit version which will allow you to use all your ram, and is particularly beneficial to you since you run 30 cameras.

MIPS64

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion of updating the firmware. That seems to have resolved the problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion of updating the firmware. That seems to have resolved the problem.
No problem...also dont upgrade to v4 just yet if you are planning to as there are some bugs that have not been worked out..

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any update on this error? I have upgraded all (3) of my "junk cams" (Foscam FI9831P) to the most currently available firmware, and downgraded BI to the 32 bit (last night) as fenderman suggested. Please note, even though this camera is tanked according to BI, I was able to login to the Foscam client with http and it seems to be fine. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any update on this error? I have upgraded all (3) of my "junk cams" (Foscam FI9831P) to the most currently available firmware, and downgraded BI to the 32 bit (last night) as fenderman suggested. Please note, even though this camera is tanked according to BI, I was able to login to the Foscam client with http and it seems to be fine. Thanks.
If the camera works via the web browser it indicates an issue with how blue iris is reading the stream...email support and see what he says...
You might also what to try pulling the rtsp stream using vlc or something and see if you get the same dropout..

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Apologies for being a noob, but I'm not sure what you mean by "pulling the rtsp stream using VLC". Can you elaborate?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Apologies for being a noob, but I'm not sure what you mean by "pulling the rtsp stream using VLC". Can you elaborate?
See page 14 of the manual http://foscam.us/downloads/IP Camera User Manual for HD Indoor_English_V2.0.pdf
This should mimic the way blue iris receives the video so you can sort of test to see if its blue iris or the camera...
Regardless you should email support....particularly since you have a specific error code.

MIPS64

n3wb
Reaction score
I am still having the issue. I thought the firmware fixed it but it didn't. I cannot view camera even through it's own browser application. I have to either pull the power to reset, or I have to send a command via the browser.
Blue Iris reset will not work.

I had to create a web page that I can just click the link for the camera to reset it. Sometimes when I reset it dies again within 5 minutes, some times it doesn't die again for a couple of hours. I noticed that the cameras that do die are dying when there is lots of activity being seen by it (lots of people). They tend to stay online longer with less activity going on. But then again, I have some cameras of the same model that stay online in our busiest of areas without a problem.

MIPS64

n3wb
Reaction score
Foscam........
Yeah... I know... I honestly didn't expect this. When I had 6 cameras on a box I did not have any problems for the last two years. I decide to consolidate them all onto a single box and then the problems happen. I think I am just going to separate them again. What a waste of hardware. I tried a Hikvision camera and the quality was great, but the lack of being able to change the angle on it, and that it was registering 100% CPU load on my i7 quickly killed my ability to replace our Foscam's with them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I know... I honestly didn't expect this. When I had 6 cameras on a box I did not have any problems for the last two years. I decide to consolidate them all onto a single box and then the problems happen. I think I am just going to separate them again. What a waste of hardware. I tried a Hikvision camera and the quality was great, but the lack of being able to change the angle on it, and that it was registering 100% CPU load on my i7 quickly killed my ability to replace our Foscam's with them.
What do you mean by lack of ability to change the angle?
What model I7 do you have...Using the direct to disk option should allow you to run many hikvisions on one system. You can also lower the resolution on the hikvision to 1.3mp or 1080p instead of 3mp...

Shang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I have the same problem. I was able to view my camera for a moment. I have site-to-site vpn. I was able to ping my cameras, but can't get video. It gave me socket error.