Cameras randomly freeze

Reaction score
Hi all! First post here, but I'll get right into the problem I'm having, I work in a surface gravel mine and have a several conveyors that need monitored. I have a fiber optic network in place that is completely isolated and not connected to the outside world. The only other thing that uses the network is an Allen Bradley PLC system.

To monitor these conveyors I bought some amcrest POE cameras and a minix fanless pc from amazon(links below) all we are trying to accomplish is high definition live view of the cameras with no recording whatsoever.

The problem I am having is that the cameras will run fairly smooth but all of a sudden one two or all of the cameras will freeze for a few seconds and then resume as usual. This is totally random and intermittent which has made it a pain to diagnose. Im new to the IP camera game and I'm not quite sure what to think of any of this. The only thing I do know is that bandwidth is not my issue.

I'm willing to try anything, and can provide more information as needed.

Thanks!

Here are the links to my set up
Computer: Amazon.com: MINIX NEO Z83-4, Intel Cherry Trail Fanless Mini PC Windows 10 (64-bit) [4GB/32GB/Dual-Band Wi-Fi/Gigabit Ethernet/Dual Output/4K]. Sold Directly by MINIX Technology Limited.: Computers & Accessories

Cameras:
Amazon.com : Amcrest ProHD Outdoor 4 Megapixel POE Bullet IP Security Camera - IP67 Weatherproof, 4MP (2688 TVL), IP4M-1025E (White) : Camera & Photo

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what is your cpu consumption?
match iframe interval to fps.
increase receive buffer to 20mb
There are threads discussing amcrest freezing and cite the changing the dropdown selection to solve.

Reaction score
CPU consumption fluxuates vastly but averages 50-70% but will randomly spike to 96%
How do I find the iframe interval setting? I've read about it but no one ever said where it was.
I must have been using incorrect search terms because I could hardly find anything similar to my circumstances. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
CPU consumption fluxuates vastly but averages 50-70% but will randomly spike to 96%
How do I find the iframe interval setting? I've read about it but no one ever said where it was.
I must have been using incorrect search terms because I could hardly find anything similar to my circumstances. Thanks!
its in the camera video settings...there is a thread with the exact circumstance...search amcrest freezing.