Cameras Rebooting when on a Switch

Nuwwave

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several Lorex branded cameras (actually Dahua with Lorex firmware) that work fine when powered by an NVR, but randomly reboot when using a PoE Switch. I tried a Dahua Switch (PFS-4218) and a Cisco (3560G) and they have the same issue.

Lorex only says they don’t support using other brand switches, Even using the Dahua switch.

Any ideas what I can do? The Lorex software is pretty limited and comm timers are not accessible.

Will BI work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have several Lorex branded cameras (actually Dahua with Lorex firmware) that work fine when powered by an NVR, but randomly reboot when using a PoE Switch. I tried a Dahua Switch (PFS-4218) and a Cisco (3560G) and they have the same issue.

Lorex only says they don’t support using other brand switches, Even using the Dahua switch.

Any ideas what I can do? The Lorex software is pretty limited and comm timers are not accessible.

Will BI work?
The lorex cameras will work with BI.
Are you using the same cables as you were with the nvr?

Nuwwave

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes
yes, but i do have them jumpered from a patch panel. I dobt think the panel is an issue those because the problem goes away when they are jumpered from the patch panel to the nvr.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes

yes, but i do have them jumpered from a patch panel. I dobt think the panel is an issue those because the problem goes away when they are jumpered from the patch panel to the nvr.
Test with a short premade cable to the switch.