Cameras require reset daily

rmtatco

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras connected to a SWANN DVR that are recording to BlueIris. About once per day one or more of the cameras requires a "Reset" from the application (IOS). The symptom is that the camera shows a static, pixelated image from whenever it stopped being recorded by BI. Any ideas on cause? Can cameras be reset automatically every x hours/days?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What happens if you have BI issue a "restart" to one of the failing cameras?
Does that work for your purpose?
(hover over cam live image, right click, then left click on "restart camera")

rmtatco

n3wb
Reaction score
What happens if you have BI issue a "restart" to one of the failing cameras?
Does that work for your purpose?
(hover over cam live image, right click, then left click on "restart camera")
A restart works the same as a reset, it fixes the problem. I doubt that the camera can really be restarted from BI though.

rmtatco

n3wb
Reaction score
I am going to use the settings that reset the camera every x hours, and he setting that resets it when there is a connection timeout. Will see if that at least requires less intervention.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt that the camera can really be restarted from BI though.
It can, which is why I asked if a manual restart works.

I was using Windows Task scheduler to send this HTTP command below to my bluebird box camera every hour. Just sub in your BI IP, port, camera short name, BI user and BI password.

EDIT 8/12 0729 CDT: NOTE: In BI "web server" => "Advanced" have "use secure session keys and login page" UNchecked.

Code:
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/admin?camera=CameraShortName&reset&user=BI-Username&pw=BI-Password

Last edited: