Cameras suddenly not recording

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I discovered this morning that none of my cameras are recording. I checked all my settings and can’t seem to locate the reason. I have 26 cameras and five hard drives. The cameras are split up to record to different drives. I’ve used the same setup for years with no issues like this. I’m hoping someone has some ideas. Thank you.

Support data:
Version: Release 5.6.1.3 ×64 (9/22/2022)
Service: Yes
License:
Name:
Email:
Support:
Expires:
WAN:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) 17-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz [16%]
RAM: 4.74G/31.9G
Clips: 12846 items, 37 63T/37.64T
Storage: C: +7.41G, J: +43.6G. G. +422.6G, K: +415.3G, H: +410.8G, I: +373.2G

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you sure there are no recordings, or just no alerts in the clip list? If the latter, right click on the alerts region, drop down to database, then do a Repair/Regenerate. Many, many posts about this, goes back a couple of BI releases.

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure there are no recordings, or just no alerts in the clip list? If the latter, right click on the alerts region, drop down to database, then do a Repair/Regenerate. Many, many posts about this, goes back a couple of BI releases.
Doing this right now! Thanks.

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Jrbeddow, I owe you a coffee or cigar if you are ever in Orange County. Thank you, that worked. I didn’t even think of a rebuild.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Jrbeddow, I owe you a coffee or cigar if you are ever in Orange County. Thank you, that worked. I didn’t even think of a rebuild.
Really glad to hear it wasn't a deeper problem. I cannot stress enough though that this has been brought up in numerous threads, I highly recommend using the forum search tools if anything similar crops up in the future, prior to starting another thread.

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Really glad to hear it wasn't a deeper problem. I cannot stress enough though that this has been brought up in numerous threads, I highly recommend using the forum search tools if anything similar crops up in the future, prior to starting another thread.
Agreed. I normally find what I’m looking for when I have an issue. I guess I was kinda scrambling what the issue would be to search.