Can a modern cheap PTZ wifi cameras be controlled without dodgy mobile apps?

Zetsubo

n3wb
Reaction score
Do any of the cheap AliExpress PTZ cameras -- base mount PTZ and E27 light-bulb base cams STILL HAVE web-page ActiveX-style control configuration capabilities?
I presume there is still some mini-linux going on inside them.

Cheap PTZ E27 cam.jpg

My fave old set up was a generic base mount PTZ (Foscam clone?) IP cam, circa 2011, mounted from the top of an inside window frame,
pointing out at the garden. The big fun was always TURNING OFF the IR lights, so no reflection from the window pane at night.
Then a free DDNS server, open a port on the router and garden view from the DDNS URL with log/pass for view and pan controls.
Even played with wider lenses. Things were relatively easy (except for that one series of cameras where you had to edit the config web page
in the browser to set the static IP address right.). "Security" was a manual 24hr timer that powered off late at night for 15 minutes.

Oldschhol IP cam.jpg

Time passes. The Old Foscam clones die. Free DDNS services go paid.
etc.,,

Now I am looking at the dirt cheap E27 light-bulb-base PTZ cameras on AliX,
but they all want to use their own dodgy Android apps. NO! NOPE!

Do these things still have rudimentary direct web control built into them?
, Like enter 192.168.0.X:xxxx into the browser, login/pass and then grief over Active X?
Even if they have their own locked and limited list of DDNS servers, I can work
around through a router with open firmware.

Longing for the simplicity of typing "gardencamomine.dodgyfreedddns.com" into
any browser and seeing the garden and some pan arrows. Pan, pan, pan.

The E27 base PTZ cheapies at least avoid the problems with unreliable wall-wart power supplies.
The idea of simply screwing in a $15 replacement when they die is appealing as all heck.