Can Hik DS-7600 NVR record audio from its Audio Input RCA jack?

BankBuster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, newbie, here,,,
I have a DS-7604 NVR and hooked up a powered mic to its input RCA jack, but I can't seem to get audio to record, or even work in live view mode. I think I may have assumed too much. Can this NVR record audio from its local RCA jack on the NVR? Right now I have two Hik 4mp turrets working fine for video only, but they don't have provisions for external mic connection. I now suspect I'll need to change out the turret at the front door with a camera with audio inputs. I just want to record front door audio in case of an incident with scammers or maybe a B&E,,, I'm not interested in trying to answer the door remotely with 2-way audio... Thanks for your help, Brad
PS, I assumed if the NVR had audio in, and it could transport this to a remote phone, that all the hardware was in place to record as well. It looks like more firmware is needed in the NVR. Imho.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The RCA jack on the NVR is for LIVE 2 way audio only. If you want audio recording you need an IP camera that supports audio (either through an external mic or a built-in Mic)

But the RCA jack on a DVR (analog/HD TVI system) will work for audio recording though, so I do see where the confusion comes from

The reasoning I believe is the way NVR and IP cameras record their data...IP camera process the video/audio compression on the camera side, then sends to the recorder to write to the hard drive.

While DVR analog systems the video/audio compression is done at the DVR side then gets written on the hard drive.

BankBuster

n3wb
Reaction score
The RCA jack on the NVR is for LIVE 2 way audio only. If you want audio recording you need an IP camera that supports audio (either through an external mic or a built-in Mic)

But the RCA jack on a DVR (analog/HD TVI system) will work for audio recording though, so I do see where the confusion comes from

The reasoning I believe is the way NVR and IP cameras record their data...IP camera process the video/audio compression on the camera side, then sends to the recorder to write to the hard drive.

While DVR analog systems the video/audio compression is done at the DVR side then gets written on the hard drive.
Thanks for your reply,
Brad