Can I have my Dahua NVR send me a picture when motion is detected?

evilblackdog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I finally got the email notification set up after a couple of hours of dinking around. I clicked the snapshot box thinking that it would send me the snapshot but after looking into it furth it appears that it only saves a snapshot on the NVR which isn't what I'm looking for.
Is it possible to have it email me a snapshot of the motion it detected along with its normal alert?

SOLVED: For anyone finding this because they're having similar issues. What I needed to do was enable IVS under the Smart Plan tab (I don't know why this is though)
In the NVR Interface... Event > Smart Plan > Select the channel you're setting up > Click on the light bulb button labeled IVS when you hover over it. It should turn orange.
After I did this the tripwire started working and I was emailed a picture of the event. See the 2nd image bellow.

Attachments

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have my 5216-4ks2 sending snapshots from IVS triggers. Like you have, "snapshot" and "send email" are checked (except on the IVS page for me), plus the email has to be set up in the network settings. Are you using gmail? People using BI have had problems sending to gmail. I don't know if that affects the nvr or not.

evilblackdog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have my 5216-4ks2 sending snapshots from IVS triggers. Like you have, "snapshot" and "send email" are checked (except on the IVS page for me), plus the email has to be set up in the network settings. Are you using gmail? People using BI have had problems sending to gmail. I don't know if that affects the nvr or not.
I did have problems with gmail but set it up to use my outlook email and it was working fine emailing me when it detected motion but there was no picture.
I am now trying the IVS tripwire method and i think I have it setup correctly but now it's not emailing me anything at all. That's a highway just behind those evergreens with plenty of traffic and it hasn't tripped it once.

Attachments