Can I use an Annke NVR and Blue iris to record the same set of cameras?

Daniel1104

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi so I have recently install blue iris on a home server pc and theres a lot to like and some things which I don’t like. Currently have 7 cameras running off a POE switch.

I’m thinking I can get the best of both worlds if I just use my blue iris pc and the hikvision cameras. Is this possible?

I’m thinking I can run both of the systems at the same time if I have my POE switch with all the cameras plugged in and the 1 cable connecting to my Annke NVR, i’m not sure if this will work any advice?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many use their existing NVR as the POE switch and bring the cameras in from the NVR.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras.

OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown.

OR since all your cameras are connected to a POE switch, as long as you have an extra open port, you can connect the switch to the BI computer and bring in each camera separately.

Daniel1104

n3wb
Reaction score
Many use their existing NVR as the POE switch and bring the cameras in from the NVR.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras.

OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown.

OR since all your cameras are connected to a POE switch, as long as you have an extra open port, you can connect the switch to the BI computer and bring in each camera separately.
Awesome thank you, I will give this a try later. I had no idea this was possible.

Daniel1104

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi sorry, I don’t mean to be a pain. I am trying this now and regardless of what camera I change it too, it keeps showing the camera plugged into slot one. I’m using stream /Streaming/Channels/101 and 102. I’m not sure what to change here to get it to detected another camera?

Reaction score
Mine looks something like tis......

rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c1/s0/live
rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c2/s0/live
rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c3/s0/live
rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c4/s0/live

--------------------------------------------
rtsp:/admin;passWrd@192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c2/s0/live

Last edited:

Daniel1104

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine looks something like tis......

rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c1/s0/live
rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c2/s0/live
rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c3/s0/live
rtsp:/192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c4/s0/live

--------------------------------------------
rtsp:/admin;passWrd@192.168.0.118:554/unicast/c2/s0/live
Thanks I managed to fix it, I had to change the channel to 201/301 for each camera port.