can not access dahua cameras video directly

TexasTom

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras all HDW5231R-ZE , I can see video fine using blue iris running on a desktop as well as using qnap qvr on a NAS,

what I can no longer access is to link directly to the camera video thru my router, I can login to the camera interface but can not see the video, just a spinning circle

the reason I even bothered to login directly is that a few months ago for some reason my tripwire stopped sending my messages and I need to figure out why

any ideas ?
thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer? These cameras are sensitive to the browser.

Plus it could be a bandwidth issue as cameras should not be going through the router. In addition to the security concerns, consumer grade wifi routers are not intended for managing the constant video stream of surveillance cameras. A router can handle streaming services like NetFlix cause the video is buffered, but with these cameras, there is no buffering.

TexasTom

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using chrome, never had a bandfwidth issue before, videos all run fine with no buffering, just never had an issue seeing the feed when directly linked to camera

TexasTom

n3wb
Reaction score
took suggestion to try other browsers
it works with internet explorer
it works with firefox
does not work with chrome or brave

very strange

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, many of us have found that the firmware is basically based around the explorer browser and some cameras are more sensitive to the browser choice than others: