Can not connect via internet after installing TP-LINK Switch.

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I use SecuritySpy and have a TP-LINK AC5400 router. I was able to connect from the internet to SS before but now I have installed a TP-LINK switch TL-SG1016-PE and connected the computer running the NVR software and the camera to the switch. After doing so I am no longer able to connect remotely over the internet so thus no longer receiving notifications either while away from home.

It has me stumped as to why it can not "reach out" anybody have any ideas?

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To follow up I have identified that although I have both ports for SecuritySpy HTTP and HTTPS port forwarded on the router if i put the IP of the computer holding the NVS software into the DMZ setting in the router IT THEN WORKS

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you configure the switch? Google tell me it's a managed switch and TP-LINK says it's default IP is 192.168.0.1.

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I changed the defaulted IP to be 192.168.0.2 so its one above the router being 192.168.0.1 the weird thing for me is it works if I put the iMac IP in the DMZ setting but I already have the ports forwarded in the router to work. Think I will need to do more testing to try figure this out.