Can not find Camera on NVR

intern1

n3wb
Reaction score
I am connecting 6 camera directly to Dahua NVR PoE switches all new devices.

The cameras are Dahua 8MP Smart Dual Illumination Active Deterrence Eyeball WizSense V3.0 8MP Full-color.

The NVR is set to DHCP and is on the same subnet as my router and local internet network (NVR and router connected by ethernet)

I have been able to connect 3 cameras, I had an additional camera operating although when I completed a reboot I had a message unable to connect to host network or something along those lines. So I deleted the camera unplugged it waited 5 minutes rebooted and now can not find that camera.

There are now 3 cameras that I can not find, I have attempted to add each camera through PoE wait 5 minutes reboot and no luck

1712781565641.png

1712781605482.png

Thanks John

gtsawyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Some random thoughts...
Does the NVR show the ability to look at the ARP table?
Is the NVR the only DHCP server on the camera network?
Does the NVR DHCP server settings look good? (I'm guessing which is handing out 10.1.1.0 addresses to the cameras)
Is there any physical network connection (other than the NVR) between the camera network and your LAN?
From your laptop on the house LAN, do any of the camera MAC addresses show up in the ARP table?
Is it plugged in? :)

-ts

gtsawyer

n3wb
Reaction score
...ah. I see you live in the land of Oz. You will need to turn everything upside-down for it to work correctly. Fair dinkum.

intern1

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the NVR show the ability to look at the ARP table? Need to confirm
Is the NVR the only DHCP server on the camera network? Yes
Does the NVR DHCP server settings look good? (I'm guessing which is handing out 10.1.1.0 addresses to the cameras) Yes its the same address as the LAN and my internet
Is there any physical network connection (other than the NVR) between the camera network and your LAN? No
From your laptop on the house LAN, do any of the camera MAC addresses show up in the ARP table? I have tried to find the cameras on the Config tool but am unable to do so
Is it plugged in? :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
it shouldn’t have anything to do with your LAN. The NVR internal switch is what is controlling the connections.

What is the model # of the NVR?
“ “. “. “. “ Cameras?

Unplug the 3 non working cams.

Now plug one in, wait a few minutes, hit “Refresh” and show a pic of that registration screen.

Last edited:

intern1

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR: DV-NVR5208-8P-4KS2E
Camera: DH-IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV-ANZ

I found the camera in port 1 when plugged in and refreshed although the camera in port 3 had the error cannot find network host. I deleted the camera waited 5 minutes, rebooted the NVR and added the camera through PoE which is the same for all cameras and the camera is not appearing.

Attachments

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve seen this before and had to hard reset the cameras. Don’t remember if I defaulted the nvr as well.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don’t think it matters but did you move the cables around on back of nvr?

intern1

n3wb
Reaction score
No didnt touch the cable which caused the error message. since then I removed the cable waited 5 minutes, rebooted NVR. Added cable waited 5 minutes, refreshed camera list. Camera not appearing.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
When you plug a new camera into one of the NVR PoE ports, it will assign it the 10.1.1.x address associated with that port.
Port#1 for instance is typically assigned 10.1.1.65

So the camera plugged into it will be assigned the same IP and changed to STATIC

If you try and unplug that camera and plug it into port #3 (10.1.1.67) for example, it won't acknowledge it as the camera has a static IP assigned on it of 10.1.1.65

I would
  • Unplug the camera
  • provide power to it via a 12v source off the NVR, like wall wart),
  • open the SD card compartment on the camera find and hold down the default reset button for 30-45 seconds
  • disconnect from power
  • plug into any open port on the NVR

When brand new and before moving cameras from port to port, this isn't necessary as they default to DHCP and know to assume their region, IP and credentials from the NVR on first power up/connect to the NVR.

If their first power up and connection is to an external switch, they will default to 192.168.1.108 and wait for you to login to them to set a password and region.

intern1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bigred fish, is there a way to reset without connecting to NVR as my NVR doesnt have a 12v port. Could I connect to 12v port and PoE and reset that way?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
if you exceed the bandwidth of the NVR with 8mp cams....you can get error msgs as well. When i move cams around on NVR
i have had to try different approaches with different brands. @bigredfish is the GURU on NVR settings.
I usually can do a manual search in the upper box of that NVR screen you posted. but will sometimes have to log out and log in the NVR to see the change, and or reboot the camera, and last resort is hold the reset button on the Camera ( fucking Amcrest motherfucker damn you all to hell!)

intern1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried your steps big red but i continuously get one camera with a red status and not connected to the network when i add a camera. I have now deleted those cameras and it looks like I have to start again. There must be an easier way to do this as restarting cameras from the second floor with a ladder is painful.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can default the camera using its web GUI, but you have to be able to get to it ;)

hmmmm Unplug all of them and delete them from the NVR Registration page, Then one at a time plug them in. Wait each time to get a green indicator. After say 5 minutes on each one hit the Refresh button at bottom of screen.

***Do not manually Add or move them. Let the NVR recognize and move them to the bottom pane by itself

Once you get a red indicator, stop. Take a screencap of it just as it is and post here

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It actually acts like, as @Flintstone61 mentioned, you could be maxx'ing out the bandwidth so its dropping cameras. But I find it hard to believe with only 3-4 4K cams plugged in.