Can presets have their own trigger zones?

PajamaGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
...from page 48

"As it is possible to define multiple zone maps, perhaps for different active profiles or for
recently used PTZ presets,
and it’s possible to invalidate the zone map using PTZ
movements, the currently active zone map is identified for your information on the bottom
of the motion sensor page."

I've searched, but cannot find.....how?

PJ

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera PTZ/Control tab, Select a Preset, Under Motion detection, Select Override motion zones, Select Edit.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Along these lines, I have created the "poor man's" auto track by using the "clone and zone" method. I have 10 cloned cameras and each one has a designated zone and if something enters that zone, it calls up the PTZ preset for that particular area. I may have gone a little overboard LOL and may dial some back, but the results are fairly promising.

I thought this setting referenced here in post #2 would also allow you to designate different zones for each preset (since it allows you to create Zone A through G and a hotspot) and do object detection zone crossing for each preset, but I guess that is asking for too much? For example, for Preset 1, I would love to draw Zones A,B, C and have it call it another preset to go to for zone triggering. I'd rather have it in the PTZ menus than lot's of clone cameras.

The biggest issue I see with my zone and clone method is even though the zone camera bitrates show 0 in BI, they actually added 50MP/s per clone. I was around 270 MP/s before the zone and clone and now over 420MP/s. I assigned the original cameras as the designated clone and then just copied and made sure designated clone wasn't selected for the clones and they all show as *clone on the screen. Not sure if it is a bug or error or maybe the bitrates are not really zero like people think they are for zone cameras.