Can push notification for DMSS contain a image preview (without open DMSS)??? Like in Imou Life app?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tested different version of Dahua mobile apps for different brands and found that app Imou Life (which is for consumer orientated Dahua brand with same WIFI cams/intercoms) when I subscribe push notifications in this app from my Dahua NVR they contain image preview of event which trigger motion detection (see attachment). But the same notification for DMSS (and old iDMSS) don't contain any image (see attachment).

How to enable that for Dahua DMSS or iDMSS mobile apps on iPhone?
Imou Life has that function and it works - so cameras and NVRs from Dahua supports it.
Simply DMSS (iDMSS) mobile app don't order it from NVR/IPC when user subscribe push notification.

I can't use Imou Life - in comparison to DMSS is very limited in different ways.
It support only classic motion detection (no IVR), supports only 2x2 multiple live view (no 3x3 or 4x4) and only P2P connections (no DDNS).

Attachments

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would like to know to. (in my case on Android)
Yeah I could open the app (which is still pretty fast to see the snapshot), but an image in the notification itself would be just a bit more user friendly.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for this feature to be added for years. Using just the DMSS app, it’s not a feature.
I have been able to get it working by using the home bridge plugin. I just disable the DMSS notification on my phone and get the notifications via Homebridge. I stopped using this method though for the following reasons:

1. Increased delay in getting alerts (not a huge delay but enough for me to notice)
2. Can’t move the timeline to look at previous video. Need to open DMSS app for that. Pain.
3. Stating getting false motion detection alerts for some reason.

I had both enabled for a while which allowed me to see the preview + open the DMSS app via the push notification but it was too many notifications for me to handle. Lol.