Can someone explain profiles and how they are used

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I guess I'm not grasping profiles and how they are used. Can someone please give me a brief explanation of what this feature provides and how to use it? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I'm not grasping profiles and how they are used. Can someone please give me a brief explanation of what this feature provides and how to use it? Thanks
Generally, one profile is active at a time (you can independently set a schedule per camera but this is not needed for 99 percent of the cases)...
For each profile, you can set each camera to have different motion, record, and alert settings...so for example, you can have independent settings for day vs night (based on sunrise sunset if you wish), home vs away, etc...
So when you are home you can have your indoor cameras turn off...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@fenderman... my cameras are outside and I don't think I have a need for day night settings so am I correct that I would only need one profile per camera?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman... my cameras are outside and I don't think I have a need for day night settings so am I correct that I would only need one profile per camera?
A single profile, not per camera. It would be the same profile for all your cameras..or simply leave the schedule off, and profile 1 is the default for all the cameras. You can independently set each camera to the specific settings you wish, just use profile 1.
There are other applications for the profile, for example you can have one profile with alerts set and one without...and use that to toggle alerts..this is useful of you use geofencing....though you could use the traffic signal as well if you manually switch alerts on and off.. (leave everything unchecked, except disable alerts)..