Can the Dahua NVR HDMI port be used for monitoring 1 camera?

fred583

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have not bought a new NVR yet but leaning toward a Dahua Pro Series type unit with internal ePoE which I need for a distance situation. The NVR would not generally be accessible without using a screw gun.

I have 3 areas in the house that are within HDMI range of the NVR location where I need a constant monitor of one camera only, the front gate. You can get 24-32" TVs for about $100. I could get an HDMI signal splitter. I was trying to figure out if the NVR could be configured to constantly feed one camera to the HDMI output. It would have to recover to this state after power outages, etc. My gut feeling is that this HDMI port is not particularly configurable but only acts as a monitor when you are using a keyboard and mouse to configure the unit.

Before you ask, I do not have or plan on getting a smart phone and it is not ideal for hot tub or multi-person viewing.

Thinking of this kind of thing:
SFcam.jpg

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can set the NVR to display one channel.

My Dahua NVR remembers to display 4 channels after a power outage (when its long enough that the UPS dies).
When I first got this Dahua NVR it would display full 16 channels. So It means this remembers it's channel display.

Other options are decoders to take a video from the network and output to HDMI/VGA. Those are common in stores with a screen at the entrance for a particular camera.

Last edited: