can this splitter be used?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that specific one, no.. I use a 24 port PoE+ Midspan because I have 7 PoE Cameras, 3 PoE Access Points, and 5 PoE VoIP Phones.. using individual injectors with this much hardware would be asinine.

it meets the spec requirements for the camera, it should work fine.. Ive used ones like it before, just not needed a PoE+ (25W minimum) one for anything yet.

The reason you want PoE is its 48VDC, with long distance runs over small gauge cable DC power drops alot of voltage.. it's specd and expected there will be a big voltage drop, but you only need 12v so its fine.. if you inject 12v from the start you cant tolerate a very long cable run before voltages drop below minimum tolerances.. Standard Active 48v PoE will get you 300ft no problem, dumb passive 12v PoE wont make it that far.. mebe 1/3rd the distance if your lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.one review says it supplied 26 watts not 30 like the description says.wonder how many watts the cam needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
for it to be PoE+ compliant camera it cant demand more than 25W maximum, so it should work.. thats a compliant injector even if its outputting 26w and not 30w

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Employee from sunba sent this

It requires PoE+, so any PoE+ switch or a PoE+ injector (802.3at) will be fine.
The max operating watt of the camera is 30W, during which all IR are on including the 4 extra OSRAM lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had one similar to the first post but from ebay. It might have killed my camera, can't say for sure. It might have been coincidence that the camera started acting up after installing it. The camera wouldn't work after that with a good power supply connected directly to it.