Can you help me with night vision

bhunter

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua HDW5231RP-Z. I am a blue iris user. The listed camera is mounted under my eve pointed at my driveway. The night vision appears very hazy. Can anyone look at the video and tell me what is wrong with the camera?
View attachment IMG_3379.mp4

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did this just start happening? It could be IR reflection from your white vinyl eaves. An easy fix to try, is to point the camera down away from the eaves and see if it goes away or reduced. I was going to have you check dirty lens like biggen suggested.

bhunter

n3wb
Reaction score
Did this just start happening? It could be IR reflection from your white vinyl eaves. An easy fix to try, is to point the camera down away from the eaves and see if it goes away or reduced. I was going to have you check dirty lens like biggen suggested.
It has happened for ever. I have always thought that I was getting IR reflection from the eaves.I will do as suggested

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
...I have always thought that I was getting IR reflection from the eaves.
Yes, looks like you are. You'll get bounce from areas out of view of the cam so when you test make sure that you're clear of everything that may be reflecting back.