Can you mix PAL and NTSC analog cams on a Dahua XVR recorder?

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua 16 channel analog XVR that currently has old D1 NTSC cams connected. I ordered some Dahua analog 1080 cams from Andy, which I assume will be PAL. Does anyone know if they will all work together? I’d like to know before I start to replace cameras.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Most of the CVI cameras Ive used in the past few years have a menu option for PAL or NTSC

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be nice. I know the XVR has a choice, I chose NTSC when I installed it because all the old cams were ntsc. When I go into the menu now, I don’t seem to be able to change it. I’d hate to have to reset it to default and start over.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll be fine. Stay with NTSC and just remember to switch your cams to NTSC if needed.

Be sure to check
CVImenu-Format.jpg

Last edited:

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of the CVI cameras Ive used in the past few years have a menu option for PAL or NTSC
I did a test install today of 1 cam and it worked perfectly. The XVR auto switched into PAL for that channel and all cams continued to work. This was very good news. I’ll replace half of them tomorrow, and the other half next weekend, then order 5-6 more from Andy to finish the upgrade and call it DONE!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Might as well change the camera to ntsc. If nothing else you’ll get 30fps max instead of 25

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might as well change the camera to ntsc. If nothing else you’ll get 30fps max instead of 25
Actually, there was a flicker when I connected up the PAL cams that I originally thought was due to really old coax, but after further review, I found the setting where I could switch the cams to NTSC to match the XVR and the picture cleared up perfectly.
Thanks for the help.

Now, if you could just figure out how to synchronize 4 cams during playback in the DMSS app...

:)

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All new baseline XVRs and HDCVI Cameras FW P/N version, support PAL and NTSC compatibility.
if P/N mean Pal by default can switch to NTSC manually
if N/P mean NTSC by default and can switch to PAL manually

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s good to know.