Can you run a dual stream camera wired and wirelessly at the same time?

aces99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if you can get a wifi cameras like in the link below that has dual video streams and run them wired and wirelessly simultaneously at the same time. What I want to do is get a wifi camera that has dual video streams and I was going to run one stream hard wired to an NVR and the other stream I was going to run wirelessly via wifi into a Vivint security system control panel so I can see the camera feed on the control panel. My question is can you run a dual stream camera wired and wirelessly simultaneously, at the same time? Thanks for any help you can provide.
https://videovalve24.ee/en/ip-cameras/714-4-mpx-hikvision-ip-hd-dome-camera-f28mm.html

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if you can get a wifi cameras like in the link below that has dual video streams and run them wired and wirelessly simultaneously at the same time. What I want to do is get a wifi camera that has dual video streams and I was going to run one stream hard wired to an NVR and the other stream I was going to run wirelessly via wifi into a Vivint security system control panel so I can see the camera feed on the control panel. My question is can you run a dual stream camera wired and wirelessly simultaneously, at the same time? Thanks for any help you can provide.
https://videovalve24.ee/en/ip-cameras/714-4-mpx-hikvision-ip-hd-dome-camera-f28mm.html
Welcome to the forum..there is no need to do this...IF your vivint system would support a feed (thats a big if), from the hikvision, then it would need to be connected to your network so it can pull a stream directly from the wired camera...

aces99

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..there is no need to do this...IF your vivint system would support a feed (thats a big if), from the hikvision, then it would need to be connected to your network so it can pull a stream directly from the wired camera...
Thank you very much. The thing is the only way to hook up cameras to a Vivint control panel is through wifi. So I was hoping I could run Ken feed wireless (wifi) to the control panel and the other stream I could work wire it to the NVR. I was just wondering if you can run dual feed security cameras wired and wirelessly simultaneously.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. The thing is the only way to hook up cameras to a Vivint control panel is through wifi. So I was hoping I could run Ken feed wireless (wifi) to the control panel and the other stream I could work wire it to the NVR. I was just wondering if you can run dual feed security cameras wired and wirelessly simultaneously.
You will not be able to connect any wifi camera direct to the vivint...it would have to be a special model sold by vivint at an exorbitant price and shoddy quality....their systems are a rippoff.

aces99

n3wb
Reaction score
You will not be able to connect any wifi camera direct to the vivint...it would have to be a special model sold by vivint at an exorbitant price and shoddy quality....their systems are a rippoff.
what about just their control panels without the cameras, are their control panel system any good or are they not any good as well. The reason why I was thinking about going with their control panel is if you have their doorbell camera and someone is at the door you can see who it is and talk to them right on the control panel, as well as on your phone of course. With every other system it just comes on your phone, and not on the control panel. What about if I just got a good NVR and camera system and just got the Vivint system without their cameras except for the doorbell camera. Or would that still not be a good way to go? Thanks for the info by the way, much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what about just their control panels without the cameras, are their control panel system any good or are they not any good as well. The reason why I was thinking about going with their control panel is if you have their doorbell camera and someone is at the door you can see who it is and talk to them right on the control panel, as well as on your phone of course. With every other system it just comes on your phone, and not on the control panel. What about if I just got a good NVR and camera system and just got the Vivint system without their cameras except for the doorbell camera. Or would that still not be a good way to go? Thanks for the info by the way, much appreciated.
Buy nothing from vivint...You can self install better system from honeywell at a fraction of the price...you can self monitor or have someone else montior for less than half of vivints fee and no contract...they are liars and scammers...
These guys are reliable..http://www.monitoru.com/#!honeywell/o4oz6
You can also buy via amazon direct as well as from monitoru via amazon...
They sell a few different brands...
The "installation" that vivint does is simply using double sided tape...your kid can do it...

aces99

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very, glad I talked to you before doing anything. Thanks a million for all your info, much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks very, glad I talked to you before doing anything. Thanks a million for all your info, much appreciated.
No problem...many folks come here after they make purchasing mistakes..you are a step ahead...
As an aside, a vivint scammer came to my door and tried to convince me that they make the systems for honeywell lol...

aces99

n3wb
Reaction score
No problem...many folks come here after they make purchasing mistakes..you are a step ahead...
As an aside, a vivint scammer came to my door and tried to convince me that they make the systems for honeywell lol...
LMAO, I think I would of bursted out laughing if he would of told me that. Can't believe they would actually claim something so ridiculous as that. Have you ever heard of anyone/company that makes an actually doorbell camera, like skybell or anyone else, where it is hard wired via Ethernet to your network/router instead of wifi? I like the idea of a doorbell camera because you can see who is at the door and talk to them plus it will send a notification to your smartphone or whatever. But sometimes they don't work or the video cuts out. Would be nice to find one like that yet. If there isn't one already surprising that no one have thought as that. This way the video feed wouldn't drop out like wifi ones do. All the ones I have find are wifi.

aces99

n3wb
Reaction score
https://www.doorbird.com/
I havent used it myself..its expensive..but according to the docs can even stream to blue iris via rtsp..
Cool, thanks for the link. I am going to check it out more tomorrow. That's the first doorbell camera that I have seen that hooks up via ethernet. Might be worth getting depending on price and if it works good. What is the advantage of streaming it to blue iris via rtsp? I have never heard of blue iris or what it does.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the link. I am going to check it out more tomorrow. That's the first doorbell camera that I have seen that hooks up via ethernet. Might be worth getting depending on price and if it works good. What is the advantage of streaming it to blue iris via rtsp? I have never heard of blue iris or what it does.
Its vms software...but you should be able to stream to most NVR's as well..for recording