Cannot access camera feeds through android app

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

Some weird things have happened today, first I lost all the the live feeds in my Blue Iris PC app. Somehow the model for my 4 Amcrest camera's got changed to ProHD RTSP/HTTP. I eventually figured this out and changed them back to the model that now works so I got the 4 live feeds back.

Now to the main issue when I load the blue iris app on my Galaxy S9 Plus I can see the 4 live camera feeds without any issues but when I click on any individual camera the feed never loads and the busy spinning icon just keeps spinning. I cannot get access on any other device either. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app but it makes no difference.

I have used Bitdefender for years with Blue Iris without any issues, today there was a software update but I tried disabling everything still without luck.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fixing this

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I just uninstalled Bitdefender Total Security 2019 and it works.

Anyone have any idea what might have suddenly caused this in Bitdefender?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK I just uninstalled Bitdefender Total Security 2019 and it works.

Anyone have any idea what might have suddenly caused this in Bitdefender?
...there are numerous threads were bitdefender causes this issue...

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...there are numerous threads were bitdefender causes this issue...
OK

That sucks, I have been using them both for several years without any issues. I am going to reinstall Bitdefender tomorrow and then I will call their technical support. It has to be a setting within the software. It's the best internet security suite and I would like to keep using it if I can figure what the problem is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK

That sucks, I have been using them both for several years without any issues. I am going to reinstall Bitdefender tomorrow and then I will call their technical support. It has to be a setting within the software. It's the best internet security suite and I would like to keep using it if I can figure what the problem is.
the blue iris program and storage folders should be excluded from scans....
bitdefender is certainly not the best suite (consider that its from romania) and even if it was, you dont need anything special on a blue iris machine since you are not surfing the net with it.

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the blue iris program and storage folders should be excluded from scans....
bitdefender is certainly not the best suite (consider that its from romania) and even if it was, you dont need anything special on a blue iris machine since you are not surfing the net with it.
I tried excluding the blue iris program and storage folders but still I cannot view the live feeds on my android devices, It worked perfectly with the 2018 version I had before the 2019 update was rolled out today.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried excluding the blue iris program and storage folders but still I cannot view the live feeds on my android devices, It worked perfectly with the 2018 version I had before the 2019 update was rolled out today.
It's likely the firewall