Cannot access Camera in PSS anymore Help Needed Please

CaliCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with Smart PSS, everything was working fine and last night I decided to setup port forwarding on one of my cameras to test remote viewing with the gDMSS lite Android App. In doing so I finally decided to change the default password on the camera which was successfully done via the web browser.

The problem is when I open PSS I cannot view the camera, it states the camera is offline I've put in the correct password and it still says password not valid I've deleted and added the camera back and the results are the same. I can login via the browser and view the Camera but not in PSS.

Also on the config tool when I select the camera settings it keeps the default password and NOT the new one. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this issue or do I have to go back to the default login password for the camera which is and IPC-HDBW4300E-AS?

Capture 1.JPG
Here is the current version in which I'm using

Capture 3.JPG
Here is where I keep getting the timeout error and if I put the password too many times then it says account locked out and I have to reboot the Camera

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this issue

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

CaliCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok...Note to self and others I figured out the issue

You can change the admin password to the camera with 8 or more characters and you WILL be able to access the camera via the web browser and the GDMSS smartphone application.

However, you will NOT be able to view the camera within the Smart PSS if you are above 8 characters. You will continue to get a timeout error notification so you cannot exceed 8 characters for the PSS application at least for the software version noted above in this post.

Just a little FYI for anyone with this issue.