Cannot Access Web GUI

toughbook

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Just received a new Honeywell camera and for the life of me cannot access the onboard GUI. This is not a network issue, rather all the browsers I have tried, are spitting out SSL / TLS errors. That is it is not safe to access the site or the site connection has been reset or the server is not configured correctly etc. All browsers include Chrome FireFox, IE, Opera, SeaMonkey. I have tried disabling SSL TLS in all of them trying each variant of available protocols. All attempts are being rejected.

Anyone encounter something similar? How to solve.

Also without trying yet which I will do on Monday, can one network directly into the camera? It is a PoE cam. What happens if I ethernet connect from a laptop to the PoE injector to the cam -- will it power it and will I be able access the login page that way?

2 days and counting and no response from Honeywell support as of yet.

Any ideas great appreciated.

Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also without trying yet which I will do on Monday, can one network directly into the camera? It is a PoE cam. What happens if I ethernet connect from a laptop to the PoE injector to the cam -- will it power it and will I be able access the login page that way?
As long as you know the IP of the cam and it's on the same subnet as the laptop you should be able to open the cam's webGUI with the right URL or at the very least, ping it.

If it's ONVIF compatible, and you can ping it, try ODM.

toughbook

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, as I posted I came across an old thread here about telnet'ing in which I was planning on doing, then someone mentioned ODM which I just installed and spent some time with. What a brilliant piece of software. Gives all the url parameters needed and a lot more options. Just finished a screen of what it says when trying to get in (also chokes).

Camera works and everything, it is a fish eye 360 which I bought because it claims to do on board dewarping which I need. I cannot get inside to set that setting. I will try the lap top approach when on site, but am thinking hopefully there is a url parameter to dewarp to 180 degree is all I really need from it. I will research other urls for other cams to see if any work with it.

Both Honeywell and Amcrest's IP Config tools work with this camera. My preferred software ContaCam works but does not do dewarping. Camera says it is made by Honeywell in China but I see the name axis in one of the returned urls e.g. 198.0.0.0/axis-cgi i wonder if it is their software that is embedded because so far I am getting no where with Honeywell.

Interestingly to me Onifer which I have on my phone works no problem but TinyPro cam also chokes, even with changing its security settings (off the top of my head) it said to change the SSL TLS settings in the app which has old modern obsolete (something like that ), none of those settings work.

Checking under certificates in ODM it says 'parameter cannot be null' if that provides a clue. Either there is no certificate or a corrupt certificate or something. I cannot downgrade the firmware nor reload the newest (which is installed).

Attachments