Cannot activate ECI-T44F2 Cameras

trey22

n3wb
Reaction score
I have six ECI-T44F2 cameras from a EKI-K82T46 kit (friend purchased through ADI). I have tried two cameras so far and cannot activate either.

When connected to the ERI-K108-P8 NVR, they stay in "Detecting" mode and never show any video. I did edit the camera to be in manual mode and to use the system password I set when activating the NVR. NVR picked up a 192.168.1.x address from my network. Shows internal address of 192.164.254.1. Camera on port 1 shows 192.168.254.2. When that didn't work I...

... Connected the camera to my local network (via PoE switch). I can ping 192.168.1.64, and when I navigate to that address using Internet Explorer, I get the Activation window. User name is admin, I enter a strong enough password, when I click OK, I get a "device error" message.

If I use SADP v3.1.1.5, on checking the box for camera and entering a strong enough password, clicking on Activate results in a "Device Rejected" error.

My local network settings are a 192.168.1.x / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.1.1. So it's shouldn't be a network setting.

I've tried multiple cameras with the same result. Are they all faulty? Do they need a different tool to activate? Do they come with a default password that I'm not aware of? Been at this for hours spinning my wheels.

I'll attached the camera 1 XLSX export file in case it provides any useful info.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have to ask...have you performed a hard reset of the cam(s)?

And once that is done, are you plugging in only 1 at a time into the NVR and waiting until that one is initialized before plugging in another cam that has also been hard reset?

trey22

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I did it right... w/ camera powered hold down reset for 30 seconds, power down, keep holding down for 30 seconds, power up, keep holding down for another 30 seconds.

trey22

n3wb
Reaction score
First camera FINALLY activated on my home network... not sure what did it, but I think it could be the password requirements do not allow a ":" (colon) as part of the password. I also downgraded the SADP tool. I also factory reset the camera (again).

Next, reset this camera again, factory reset the NVR, try the password that worked with the camera activation and see what happens.