Cannot add device to iVMS-4500 client

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is my 7th Hikvision camera. I see it in the online device list, but not able to add it to the client. The error message is "There is no resource to be imported". Any idea why?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try to add it manually?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You got it on the same iP subnet?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok can you give some screenshots or any info perhaps would be easier

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well no offense but that didn't say much. Maybe something more to work with?
☺

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well no offense but that didn't say much. Maybe something more to work with?
☺
It true, not much to work with. It's a new camera, without adding it to the client, I can't even configure it

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Start over. Make it simple. Just connect that one camera nothing else just to eliminate any conflicting traffic or anything really and try it

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I deleted some other cameras from the client and could not add them back. Then when I restarted ivm-4200 it says port 80 was taken by ngnix.exe. I uninstalled and reinstalled ivms-4200 and now it worked.

SJP11

n3wb
Reaction score
Can I take this opportunity to ask a similar question ?

I am quite new to this with little knowledge of networks but willing to research if I know

SJP11

n3wb
Reaction score
Start again ....

I am quite new to this with very little knowledge of networks but willing to research if pointed in the right direction.

Trying to set up Ezviz to see 2 Hikvision cameras remotely. Registered and followed guide on here but finds camera on network but says off line. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Start again ....

I am quite new to this with very little knowledge of networks but willing to research if pointed in the right direction.

Trying to set up Ezviz to see 2 Hikvision cameras remotely. Registered and followed guide on here but finds camera on network but says off line. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks
I am not familiar wit EZviz. Why not use iVMS-4200 or 4500 (depending on the OS)?

SJP11

n3wb
Reaction score
Right, I am now showing as 'online' in the Hikvision configuration screens of my IPCs (wrong IPv4 default gateway loaded), and Ezviz can see the cameras but the boxes have no verification codes on them and ABCDEF is not working either.

I have tried using iVMS-4500 and it goes through the same process asking for serial number then validation code.

Is there any way forward for those of us without the validation code?

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The manufacture default for Hikvision cameras are 12345, but sometimes the seller changed them while configuring languages, usually they make it to abc12345, 12345abc, 123456789abc, or 123456789ABC. If you bought it from an authorized dealer, please call Hikvision the company for support. They should give you the code. If not, contact the seller, which is what I did and they gave me the password. I bought mine from eBay and Hikvision support refused to help me.

SJP11

n3wb
Reaction score
It is the validation code for pairing device to Ezviz I am seeking not the install password to activate camera. I will however have ago at entering all of above as have nothing to loose. I feel phone call to Hikvision coming on. Thanks sknyc.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Or just use some other ddns service or ivms 4500. Prob better result than trying with hik

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Agreed with badmannen. I find iVMS-4500 very easy to use.