Cannot change dahua NVR admin's password

adamvytahy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have repaired NVR from dahua and default admin's password is admin.

NVR2108-8P-4KS2

Device don't let me change this password. Always when I'm trying to change it, device freezes and several minutes ago is online again with this same old password 'admin'.

Is there any way to change the password on this bugged device?

Thank you.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi I have repaired NVR from dahua and default admin's password is admin.

NVR2108-8P-4KS2

Device don't let me change this password. Always when I'm trying to change it, device freezes and several minutes ago is online again with this same old password 'admin'.

Is there any way to change the password on this bugged device?

Thank you.
Have you tried creating a new admin account, and then deleting the old? Alternatively, try via the web interface or SmartPSS.

Cheers, Steve

adamvytahy

n3wb
Reaction score
If I want to delete the account, It says: "You cannot delete reserved user".

When I try delete via smartpss It says: "Sucessfully deleted". But account is still there.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I want to delete the account, It says: "You cannot delete reserved user".

When I try delete via smartpss It says: "Sucessfully deleted". But account is still there.
I take it this is after creating a new admin account? If so, I got nothing.

Maybe different level firmware???

adamvytahy

n3wb
Reaction score
When I want to look at the device via Config Tool It says, that I would have to change the default password. It looks like first setup. But when I fill all necessary rows and click ok, device freezes the same way as I changing password via Internet Explorer interface.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
When I want to look at the device via Config Tool It says, that I would have to change the default password. It looks like first setup. But when I fill all necessary rows and click ok, device freezes the same way as I changing password via Internet Explorer interface.
What about connecting a local screen (vga/hdmi)... and do your password change locally ? I remember other forum members having issues resetting the password remotely (and which was blocked for obvious security reasons).

adamvytahy

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved it.

Soliton is: Locally factory reset and then in first setup set new admin's password.

Thank you all.

Bye next time.

Reaction score
Hi
please anyone guide me how I can reset my NVR2108HS 8P, while I have forgotten all my passwords.
Please help...