Cannot connect Foscam FNA108HE to Foscam VMS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I bought a few security camera's which I tried to set up today, together with an NVR. Everything seems to work fine, however I'm unable to add the NVR device in the Foscam VMS software.

First I installed Foscam VMS on my computer with a user called "Recorder". I connected both IPcams (2x Foscam SD8EP) to a Dahua PoE switch, which in turn is connected to my home network. I added the camera's (via UID) to VMS, and was able to set them up without (much) problems.

Afterwards I set up the Foscam FNA108HE NVR, which went well. I added the same user "Recorder" (same password), added the camera's, set up a recording schedule, everything works fine.

Finally I wanted to add the NVR in Foscam VMS, but whatever way I try to add the NVR, I always get the same error message "Login handle incorrect, try again later". I've tried adding the NVR via UID (which takes several minutes), and I've tried adding it as a NVR or QHD NVR with all possible ports I could come up with (default 80 HTTP / TCP 6001 as set in the NVR, 88 as specified by VMS, 8888 for QHD because the VMS mentioned it, ...). I always get the same message.

I can log in to the NVR just fine with "Recorder" and it's password...

At first the NVR was connected to my home network, I moved it to the Dahua switch, which made no difference.

Initially I had installed VMS with another user (a different user/password than the NVR) which didn't work, so I reinstalled it with the same user/password. Nothing worked.

Does anybody have an idea as to where to go next? How can I add the NVR to VMS?

Thanks in advance!

Marlon

Reaction score
Since that NVR has POE ports, any particular reason why you instead connected the cameras to a POE switch?
Yes, purely based on location. The NVR will be placed inside my house. One camera will be mounted outside a garden shed. There is a single ethernet cable connecting the shed to the house, and I only have one outlet free in the shed so I opted to buy a separate PoE switch.

I could try to connect the camera's to the NVR directly via PoE, but since the NVR and camera's seem to get along just fine as it is, I doubt that's the issue. I figure that connecting the camera's to the NVR will still allow me to access the camera's like before, but the NVR will still not be found by Foscam VMS running on my computer.