Cannot detect new DH-IPC-HFW5442EP-ZE

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have another one of these with previous firmware and it is fine, am I going mad! can log in via browser and all is good, going mad here.

Any help welcome.

Firmware V2.840.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2021-09-30

Thanks

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Something screwy going on, inspect will not detect like it does with my other 10 Dahuas, if I use following settings it does show me the live feed but not zoom controls since inspect fails, is this something with the new cameras or firmware? lots of hair pulling :oops:

Attachments

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IP is fine, I can view via browser, even have it running in BI now using settings above shown in image but not using standard onvif and inspect still fails, all network settings identical to my other 10 Dahuas! doesn't make sense.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IP is fine, I can view via browser, even have it running in BI now using settings above shown in image but not using standard onvif and inspect still fails, all network settings identical to my other 10 Dahuas! doesn't make sense.
Annoyingly I upgraded BI as well and have blown out all my Ai settings and that is failing also, nothing new there :mad:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you confirmed it isn't the same IP address of another device on the system?

I would try 3 factory resets on the camera in the event the firmware got wonky.

Wow first I heard of an update blowing out the AI settings in BI.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you confirmed it isn't the same IP address of another device on the system?

I would try 3 factory resets on the camera in the event the firmware got wonky.

Wow first I heard of an update blowing out the AI settings in BI.
Yes, been there done that. I am scared to update BI normally for fear of what will break, not the first time Deepstack got bent out of shape :oops: should know better by now.

Essentially the camera is now running in BI but with me selecting make/model rather than using inspect, also had to manually select Dahua New V4 to get PTZ running. So the question is, why does inspect not work on this camera when it has never failed before :idk:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, yeah since BI has moved away from Deepstack, you really shouldn't update BI until you are ready to make the jump to CodeProject. I am sitting at the last version prior to the switch from Deepstack to CodeProject.

That is weird - only thing I can think of is the ONVIF version in the camera is different and requires a different protocol.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve seen similar behavior when I overlooked default gateway; cam or recorder have proper ip and mask but gate set to x.1 instead of x.254. AT&T routers have wasted more of my time than I care to admit because of this.
Best tech advice I ever received decades ago was, “sometimes you need to walk away for a bit, then come back so you can see the tree instead of the woods!”

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, yeah since BI has moved away from Deepstack, you really shouldn't update BI until you are ready to make the jump to CodeProject. I am sitting at the last version prior to the switch from Deepstack to CodeProject.

That is weird - only thing I can think of is the ONVIF version in the camera is different and requires a different protocol.
Oh no really, I am out of touch, I did tick boxes to backup the previous install, can I jump back, is it painful to do so?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, simply rollback to a previous version. It will either show up as previous versions in the BI update or you can find one here:

Excellent, thank you, just found that and gone back to 5.6.2.5 which seemed OK with Deepstack and relatively stable! suspect the PC will need a reboot, it often does when BI plays up like this. Could be the new version would be fine with a reboot also but not chancing it at the moment, especially after your comments above. I like quite a lot about BI but I have many years in computer arena professionally and otherwise and fragile is the word I would use, when it works it is great, look at it the wrong way and things can change :oops:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good news is that Deepstack appears to be running again after reboot and 5.6.2.5, well, technically it was running before but...anyway :rofl:

On a more positive note the HFW5442-ZE is a beast, aside from the more compact nature of the turrets I also own, these things are simply the best I've seen for the money, hands down. Got a couple of them now and will be replacing older cameras with them or their replacement when it arrives, low light and darkness these things are incredible :thumb:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’ve seen similar behavior when I overlooked default gateway; cam or recorder have proper ip and mask but gate set to x.1 instead of x.254. AT&T routers have wasted more of my time than I care to admit because of this.
Best tech advice I ever received decades ago was, “sometimes you need to walk away for a bit, then come back so you can see the tree instead of the woods!”
Missed this comment, sorry, yes, good advice, I've been in the tech support game for a good few years and concur! Easy to spend an hour or two one evening pulling hair, only to solve the problem next morning in five minutes :thumb: Second pair of eyes or come back after a break for a revisit :)

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On a side note, what is the consensus on this Code Project for Ai, briefly looked at it a few months back , not revisited since. Assuming there is a good reason for the switch and/or adoption of this within Blue Iris.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a side note, what is the consensus on this Code Project for Ai, briefly looked at it a few months back , not revisited since. Assuming there is a good reason for the switch and/or adoption of this within Blue Iris.
Doesn't really matter what the consensus is LOL. That is the direction BI is going to, so either jump on it or stay with a BI version that still supports Deepstack.

Keep in mind your issues with the cameras in the newer update could also be associated with the update to BI that looks at MAC addresses and it was causing people to lose their cameras as the IP addresses were then being changed.

They primarily switched as the current developer of CodeProject has been more responsive to BI questions/input than Deepstack was.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what the consensus is LOL. That is the direction BI is going to, so either jump on it or stay with a BI version that still supports Deepstack.

Keep in mind your issues with the cameras in the newer update could also be associated with the update to BI that looks at MAC addresses and it was causing people to lose their cameras as the IP addresses were then being changed.

They primarily switched as the current developer of CodeProject has been more responsive to BI questions/input than Deepstack was.

Interesting, thank you for the heads up, seems like a case of give it some time then bite the bullet. Deepstack seems to run fine on my setup now, have a 1660 GPU which doesn't break a sweat with my 12 cameras. My biggest grievance is with CPU hogging from BI and Rekor combined, between them I can say goodbye to 60% :rofl: even fully optimised :wow: but what can you do. I'll bite my tongue now :lmao: