cannot find network host (ip is 10.1.1.67)

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cannot get any feed from my newly installed (on a wall of my house), dahua startlight camera. I did trial run a couple months back that did work.

I have my cat6 cable connected to the camera, with the other end of that run connected to a network switch. I then have a cable from the switch into my laptop LAN port. I have installed SmartPss and the camera appears in the Device tab when I search for new devices. The IP it has is 10.1.1,67

However, the status of the camera remains "offline", with a message stating "cannot find network host". I have seen some people post about having this message , however I have been unable to follow the advice given for a successful outcome.

Would appreciate any help. I have tried playing with the IPv4 (manually setting this) on my laptop and trying to align this with what is on the DAHUA search range in SmartPSS.

I cannot work this one out.

Thanks

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
an update on this - i have a second camera which is not yet mounted in its final position yet. I plugged the camera into a switch, and the switch into my laptop. The Smart PSS software found the camera, once again. However, this time, the IP of the camera was in the 192.168.x.xxx range. I went into IPv4 settings on my laptop and configured it to be in the 192.168 range. Success! How do I change the other camera from the 10.1.1.xx range so that it can be in the 192.168.x.xx range?

Thanks!

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If, on your laptop, you set a fixed ip address like 10.1.1.10/24, are you able to reach the web page of the camerat at 10.1.1.67, using IE ?
Cheers,
jonatha

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan. My child has just gone to bed in the room where I need to access the cable! I will check this first thing in the morning when she wakes!!

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got It sorted. Changed ip on camera to range of my pc. Also needed to use a different username and pass to save this