Cannot get email,text or push alerts

Reaction score
I have used BI for a number of years with no problems. I upgraded to BI 5.0 and I feel like a newbie.

Before I do a clean install, can anyone figure out what I am missing?
Can access from BI from phone no problem

Firewall allows BI.exe and BI service
email server set to mail1@gmail.com w/ correct PW using presets
Test of server settings is successful
email alert goes to email2@gmail.com
Test email sent but not received
Mobile device xxx.xxx.xxxx Push enabled
Push sent but not received
Text using verizon MMS to above phone
Text sent but not received
Turn off Firewall and no change
Windows 10 up to date

THANKS!!!!

Regards,

Dewey

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not at my bi at the moment, but you need to re-enable notification s in each cam .
The help file discuss the change.

Reaction score
Thanks. I have alert profiles for each camera. I am doing the testing from the "On Trigger" profile pages using the test buttons. The on property sounds work perfectly. It is just not sending out mobile notifications.

Huh. Just created a new camera with new alert profile. Email worked. Will erase all the alerts and rewrite tomorrow. Something you said made me think of it. Darned if I know what; but thanks.

Reaction score
OK. I was trying to test an alert while it's active profile button (1-7) ("On Trigger" page) did not match the Profile selected on the drop-down on the Alerts page. In other words, on the " On Trigger" page for each of my 3 Alert Profiles (Home,Sleep, Vacant) I had several Trigger Profiles with buttons selected for all three Alert profiles (1,2,3).

I see now that for each Alert profile, you must have only one set of Trigger Profile Actions for each Alert Profile (home, sleep, vacation). At least this is what I think tonight at 3 hours past my bedtime.

I suspect I got here because of the "sync to Profile 1" box on the Alert profile page. Or not.