Cannot get VCA search working

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
7716ni-sp/16 NVR & 2142fwd-I dome cameras. I've seen a number of posts here asking about getting VCA working. I've viewed a number of video's on youtube and read several different instructions and bulletins from HikVision. I still cannot get Intrusion Detection to work.

Anyone have this working?

I set it up first on camera. Then proceed to NVR to do the same, there is one instruction in the User Manual that stops me. NVR Menu -> Recording Configuration. Change the recording schedule to VCA. I do not have a VCA recording schedule. Only Continuous, Event, POS, and none.

I have enabled VCA in Camera setup, so why is there no VCA "pink" schedule as mentioned in the manual and also in the Tech Bulletin "VCA Recording"?

I've double checked my hardware, it claims to support VCA Intrusion Detection & Line Cross.

In File Management, I can find files under VCA. In the log there are entries for VCA. But in VCA Search, as others have posted here, all I get is no picture file found.

Does anyone know if this is a verified bug or am I missing a crucial step in the config?