Cannot open BlueIris GUI console after setting the service to run as non-Local System account

jchrisos

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally figured out that I couldn't move videos to my NAS since I was running the Blue Iris service a LocalSystem. I created a new user, 'blueiris' and have the Blue Iris service running as that user now. I can connect to BI from my phone and also browse to BI at <IP ADDRESS>:81 in my browser. However, I cannot run "Blue Iris admin" on my desktop to open the GUI. Only if the service is running as LocalSystem can I open the GUI. Any idea what's up? I'm running Windows 10 pro with 16G RAM on an i5-4690k. Memory and CPU is not overclocked, all stock.

Not sure if anyone will want to see these images below, but here they are just in case.

A little more clarification: When I click the Blue Iris admin icon, I get the UAC screen below and I click YES. That's where it ends. I don't get the Blue Iris banner while the GUI loads. Nothing happens after that point.

View attachment 24327

View attachment 24324
View attachment 24325
View attachment 24326

jchrisos

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm able to finally load the GUI while BI is running as a service under a user account (not Local System). I'm not sure if it was my restarting the machine a hundred times or the "Require run-as Administrator for the console or when stand-alone" being checked. One of those did the trick...

upload_2017-12-6_20-32-49.png

TnGoat

n3wb
Reaction score
I ran into this as well. I had created a standard account for blueiris to run as. It would only run as a service then if I un-checked "Require run-as Administrator" the problem is I then could not launch the Admin GUI.

The solution was to promote the blueiris windows account to an Admin account and re-check the "Require run-as Administrator". BlueIris now starts up as a service AND I can run the Admin UI.