Cannot reset the Admin password of the NVR for the life of me ...NVR-104MH-D/W

nirolk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Iam a new member and needs help, i have read through the threds but cant seem to find an answer may be im thick ,im actually begining to think that :(
i have a the following kit

HiLook IK-4142B-MH/W - 4 Channel 2 MP Wi-Fi Kit
with NVR/DVR
NVR-104MH-D/W

but i seem to have forgotton the password even though i used it last time apparently its incorect . i have followed the SADP process and hikvision support (UK) on 3 occasions sent me the .xml file , but having followed all the steps to the letter as in the instructions the first 3 times it failed with the error failed to reset:error 2022, then yesterday i used another PC to send them both the QR code and the exported .xml file , along with the screen shot of the error , today they have sent me another .xml file and this time i get the eror "Failed to reset Password:device denied " i dont know what im doing wrong i even tried . activating reset all network camera passwords as well but get the same error , everything is in the same IP Range ,havnt restarted anything not even the PC.

any help would b gladly accepted before retrying with hikviion support also emailed global support with out any reply as yet.

Thanks,
Niro.

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

Error 2022 means the NVR was rebooted after exporting the XML file. Connect the NVR directly to the network card of your laptop or PC, then set a static IP on the network card. Reboot NVR Then turn off the antivirus and firewall on the PC. Export the file and send it to tech support. Don't turn off the NVR Import the XML file that tech support will send you. Everything should go fine

nirolk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply,
I Must admit I did not connet the NVR directly to the PC as both the PC and the NVR is on the same IP Range, th last error i got was cannot reset password : device denied , the last message i got from suport was "note that SADP tool has to remain open until you get a file back from us " i did not know that the SADP tool needed to be open till i got the file back from them so i have sent them another reeust so far no response