Cannot send email with attachment

MRWHY

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2335-I with V5.3.3 build 150514. I have set up Line crossing detection with email alert. It worked fine with email with no attachment. Once I selected attachment, I will not receive any email and the camera with reboot.

I tested with motion detection with the same results. Any advise on how to fix this?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you say the camera reboots itself when it tries to send an email w/attachments?

bearclaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Simple stuff first... Have you checked your spam folder? Are you using your own SMTP server or your ISP's?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2335-I with V5.3.3 build 150514. I have set up Line crossing detection with email alert. It worked fine with email with no attachment. Once I selected attachment, I will not receive any email and the camera with reboot.

I tested with motion detection with the same results. Any advise on how to fix this?
I don't believe line crossing or intrusion detection allows for the cif low res picture attachment. That feature/function is only available with the motion detection if I remember correctly. (Disclaimer: I could be wrong, however I have setup 2 systems specifically with both motion and line cross and only the motion has ever included snapshots in the email.

bearclaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't believe line crossing or intrusion detection allows for the cif low res picture attachment. That feature/function is only available with the motion detection if I remember correctly. (Disclaimer: I could be wrong, however I have setup 2 systems specifically with both motion and line cross and only the motion has ever included snapshots in the email.
It does in fact work to attach a picture as an attachment for Line Crossing. I have it set up and it works well.

MRWHY

n3wb
Reaction score
Simple stuff first... Have you checked your spam folder? Are you using your own SMTP server or your ISP's?
No, they are not in the spam folder. I have the email sent to my gmail also to my cell txt msg. Receive nothing when attachment is selected. No problem when attachment is not selected.

I tried the gmail and gmx smtp server and made no difference.

MRWHY

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you say the camera reboots itself when it tries to send an email w/attachments?
I believe it reboots when motion is detected or when I crossed the line. I am viewing it through my cell phone when I was testing. As soon as I stepped into the area, the video gets disconnected and I cannot connect to it.

bearclaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In Advanced Configuration > Network > Email

I have Sender, Senders address and SMTP server and port configured.
I also have an Interval of 2s and Attached Image is checked off. *This is the important one for attachments*
Receiver and Receivers Address are also configured.

In Advanced Configuration > Smart Event > Line Crossing Detection

I have 3 lines drawn for A<>B detection with a sensitivity of 40 I have set my Schedule from 2100 to 0700
Under Linkage Method I have all these checked off:
Notify Surveillance Center
Send Email
Trigger Channel

Thats pretty much my setup. Works well for me.

MRWHY

n3wb
Reaction score
In Advanced Configuration > Network > Email

I have Sender, Senders address and SMTP server and port configured.
I also have an Interval of 2s and Attached Image is checked off. *This is the important one for attachments*
Receiver and Receivers Address are also configured.

In Advanced Configuration > Smart Event > Line Crossing Detection

I have 3 lines drawn for A<>B detection with a sensitivity of 40 I have set my Schedule from 2100 to 0700
Under Linkage Method I have all these checked off:
Notify Surveillance Center
Send Email
Trigger Channel

Thats pretty much my setup. Works well for me.
This is very similar to what I have. Let me double check and try again. Thanks.

bearclaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im using the 5.2.5 firmware that has been modded for 4 line crossing detection. It could very well be a firmware thing.

MRWHY

n3wb
Reaction score
This makes at least 3 of us who have the same problem. It's definately a firmware issue.
My unit reboots consistently on each event when email is enabled.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6553-2CD3T45-rebooting-after-every-motion-event

I'm talking with the seller, but so far no resolution.
I tried different settings and I might have a solution: Go to Basic or Advanced Configuration, then Video/Audio. Change Bitrate type to Constant, then save.

So far this is working for me.

Reaction score
No bueno :-( Tried constant bit rate and it still reboots on every motion detect. What are your other settings? I'm running 20fps, 4MP mode, 4096Mbps.

It also rebooted a couple times when I was in playback mode, but I'm not sure if there was a motion detect in the meanwhile.

MRWHY

n3wb
Reaction score
No bueno :-( Tried constant bit rate and it still reboots on every motion detect. What are your other settings? I'm running 20fps, 4MP mode, 4096Mbps.

It also rebooted a couple times when I was in playback mode, but I'm not sure if there was a motion detect in the meanwhile.
This what I have:

Stream type : Main Stream (Normal)
Video Type: Video Stream
Resolution: 1920*1080P
Bitrate Type: Constant
Video Quality: Medium
Frame Rate 25
Max Bitrate: 4096
Video Encoding: H.264
Profile: Main Profile
I Frame Interval: 25
Smoothing: 50