Cannot stream from mobile??

DUMBODOGGY

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I a real newbie to all of this as I have just bought an IP camera to monitor the driveway whilst away.

I have downloaded 'tinycam' to use on my Android phone as the manufacturers app was simply rubbish. The app works great whist connected to the home wifi but does not whilst out and about which kinda defeats the object!

Really sorry if I sound thick but any help would be appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I a real newbie to all of this as I have just bought an IP camera to monitor the driveway whilst away.

I have downloaded 'tinycam' to use on my Android phone as the manufacturers app was simply rubbish. The app works great whist connected to the home wifi but does not whilst out and about which kinda defeats the object!

Really sorry if I sound thick but any help would be appreciated!
Welcome to the forum...what camera?
You need to setup port forwarding.

DUMBODOGGY

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the reply!

I have heard of his and have looked at my router settings.

I have clicked onto the port forwarding tab and filled in the fields with my camera's IP address and the port number it is on but yet again, nothing!

I did get an error message on the app to say that it cannot connect as I need to use a public IP address???

Surely there is an easier way???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the reply!

I have heard of his and have looked at my router settings.

I have clicked onto the port forwarding tab and filled in the fields with my camera's IP address and the port number it is on but yet again, nothing!

I did get an error message on the app to say that it cannot connect as I need to use a public IP address???

Surely there is an easier way???
What camera are you using...you will need to post screenshots of your router settings and your camera network settings.
What type of internet service do you have?
No there is no easier way unless you want to pay a huge monthly fee to dropcam/nestcam and be limited by the constraints of their system.