Can't add Foscam cameras to Dahua NVR

giannii

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm going out of my mind on this one.
I have Foscam G4 cameras I am trying to set up with a Dahua NVR2116.
When I try to add the cameras, the NVR can see them as Onvif cameras, but even with the correct password, I cannot add them and the icon stays red.

I've tried changing the Onvif port from 888 to other ports, it doesn't work. Are there any instructions for adding Foscam cameras to a Dahua NVR that I'm missing?
Thanks so much.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to match camera brand with NVR brand.

Even though cameras may be ONVIF compliant, sometimes not all the features work, and we find out that a camera isn't truly ONVIF compliant.

Many people have reported Foscam not playing nice with non-Foscam devices and seems to use some proprietary software...

From the Amazon Q&A for the G4 (but who knows if true or not):

Q: Is this system and cameras onvif compliant?
A: No,it's not. The cameras are only compatible with the NVR included.
Please kindly note that.
By Foscam Support on December 7, 2020

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

giannii

n3wb
Reaction score
That’s really strange that they say that; that response on Amazon is completely wrong. The G4’s are independent cameras (FI9900), not a system, and definitely Onvif compatible, including with Blue Iris and everything else.

The issue here is the Dahua NVR. It’s actually an Amcrest (2116), which is just a Dahua NVR2116. I installed the Dahua firmware on it for the AI abilities.

After a TON of horrible trial and error, I was able to get the NVR to connect to the cameras. I had to turn Onvif authentication on in the Foscam settings. Even with that done, there are still connection issues with connection stability etc.