Can't change IP in New dahua 5208 NVR 4.0

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 5241H-AS-PV from andy and a new NVR 5208-8P-4KS2E, when you plug the new camera into the nvr, it automatically initializes it and assigns an IP of 10.1.1.65. When you click Main meun - Camera - Camera Registration it shows the camera active and when yo click edit you cannot edit the IP address. The new 4.0 GUI also will not recognize my 5241 settings such as making the LED flash and playing a sound when someone crosses the tripwire. I have smart \plan enabled and IVS tripwire drawn, and the tripwire is not working. If anyone can find the new NVR 4.0 GUI manual (not the HDCVI) please let me know, any help would be appreciated. I purchased this NVR based on andys recommendation and he says the cameras is still new and the NVR doesn't support it yet. When i tried to update the NVR it says it's the latest version. I just can't win. I would be GLAD to post any screenshots.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to login to the camera via the web GUI using the IE icon on the Camera page
'
Management at top/ then Camera, then click the blue IE icon for your camera to get to its Web GUI

NewNVRUI-CameraAccess2.jpg

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't unless i reset the camera, it's now assigned an IP address of 10.1.1.65, i have to reset the cam, then use config tool to initialize it, then modify the IP to a 192.168.0.xxx because that's the only way i can see it on my network, then i can go into the cameras GUI. then plug it into the NVR. but what's the point of this fancy NVR if i can't adjust the IVS settings, hell i can't even adjust the cameras IR output, thew 2231T works fine. there's no support for the 5241H, andy said it's too new. I'm at the point of flashing the NVR software backwards or sell/return this.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have installed a dozen of them and they work fine.

Make IVS and most image changes on the camera. Why you would need to change the cameras to a 192.168 address I dont understand, Thats the purpose of the built in switch. From your 192.168.x.x network you can reach the cameras on the 10.1.1.x network just fine using the above web giu and blue IE links.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is starting to sound like another case of bad advice where many here not familiar with NVR's with built-in PoE advise folks to use the config tool and say 3 hail mary's to change IP addresses and such. ITS NOT NECESSARY ON DAHUA NVR's with BUILT-IN POE

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
even if i take the camera, plug it into a poe injector and into the network, i cannot access the camera GUI, my network is 192.168.1.xxx, the camera default is 192.168.1.108. it doesnt see the camera. i have a hell of a time even initaliazing the camera, this one took 3 hours seriously, THEN i was able to change the IP address. imagine this camera is mounted and there's no way to reset it. bottom line, i'm trying to access the smart features of this active deterrence camera and what's the point if you can't change the settings in the latest 4.0 GUI? doesnt make any sense.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
camera is plugged into the nvr, nvr is plugged into the internet. i entered 192.168.1.108 and 10.1.1.65 and there's NO login screen popping up.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Read what I wrote above

You dont need to do all of that. Plug the camera into the NVR, wait a few minutes, it appears on the Registration page and you access the camera GUI via the blue IE icon sitting at your PC on your 192.168 network even though the camera is on the 10.1.1.x network. No need for all the config tool/initializing voodoo because your NVR has a built in switch.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
READ again

I dont know the address of your NVR if its not .108 youve changed it,. Once youknow that, login to the NVR and navivate to the screen I showed and use the IE link to connect to your cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
10.1.1.x WONT work directly, only through the NVR switch... you must find the 192.168.x.x address of your NVR and follw my instructions to access the camera.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i appreciate you trying to help me out, but there are obvious issues over here, nothing is working correctly, it's like asking to change the radio station in my car but the key i was given doesnt even start the damn thing.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont know the address of your NVR if its not .108 youve changed it,. Once youknow that, login to the NVR and navivate to the screen I showed and use the IE link to connect to your cameras.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
heading to the gym, i'll reset EVERYTHING when i get back and try again, after that if i can't get it to work some of it will be returned to andy or will go up for sale on here. i'm frustrated to the max.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
the NVR address is showing 192.168.0.110 and this is what happens when i enter that into me browser

This site can’t be reached
192.168.0.110 took too long to respond.
There's so much covered in this thread that I'm not positive I'm interpreting everything correctly, so apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

1. You say the NVR address is showing 192.168.0.110. How do you know that? I'm assuming from a monitor connected to the NVR.
2. In an earlier post you said your network addressing is 192.168.1.xxx .
3. If #1 and #2 are true, you need to change the NVR's IP to 192.168.1.xxx in order to access the NVR over the network.

Once that's accomplished, follow what bigredfish has been saying about not using the config tool. Unless you first need to factory reset the camera for the NVR to pick it up. I don't know about that detail. I'll extend sympathy on the frustration. I've been fighting with a new camera that's frustrated the heck out of me. Try to hang in there.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's so much covered in this thread that I'm not positive I'm interpreting everything correctly, so apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

1. You say the NVR address is showing 192.168.0.110. How do you know that? I'm assuming from a monitor connected to the NVR.
2. In an earlier post you said your network addressing is 192.168.1.xxx .
3. If #1 and #2 are true, you need to change the NVR's IP to 192.168.1.xxx in order to access the NVR over the network.

Once that's accomplished, follow what bigredfish has been saying about not using the config tool. Unless you first need to factory reset the camera for the NVR to pick it up. I don't know about that detail. I'll extend sympathy on the frustration. I've been fighting with a new camera that's frustrated the heck out of me. Try to hang in there.
those are true. i have 2 routers, one is acting as a cable modem and the other is the bridge/actual access point. the one assigning all the IP's is 192.168.0.xxx I'll try changing the NVR IP address (if i can) and start there. eventually I need to ditch the cable modem/router combo and go ubiquiti. someone suggested changing the ip of my computer, when i did, i lost connection and it never refreshed. This while house needs to be reconfigured, so many devices with static IP's.

network complication aside, this new NVR 4.0 GUI still wont allow full configuration of the 5241H active deterrance camera and i'm bummed about that. Had i known, i would have bought a stand alone computer and installed BI and just configured all cams using the camera GUI. only reason i went with this NVR is because andy recommended it as the latest version that would work with the AI cameras i was after and it had ePoE built in which saved me more money so i didnt have to buy a separate PoE switch (hindsight).

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the IP address of your PC that you are using to connect to the NVR?

IF it is 192.168.1.x it will find your NVR IF the NVR is at 192.168.1.234