Can't connect to Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I via Blue Iris remotely

aquarian

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys I need a little help trying to figure out why I can't connect to my Hikvision that's located at my business remotely.

Here is the background.

1) This particular Hikvision has been in use at my home for a couple of years before I upgraded to another Hikvision camera. It's been functioning well. I just wanted to get a 4k camera
2) When this camera was installed at my home, I was able to view it remotely using various apps no problem, outside my home.
3) I removed this camera and installed at my business location with identical settings as the other camera that it replaces (ip, ports, etc)
4) I am able to view the camera while I am in the business
5) When I come home to set up my Blue Iris, it just doesn't want to connect. I am able to login directly to the camera from my browser at home meaning that all port forwarding is working. And I can see live feeds from the browser.
6) I just can't connect the camera with my Blue Iris.
7) Even with my mobile apps (LiveCams Pro) and another Hikvision app, I am not able to view it remotely, via the app. But I can log into the camera through any browser.
8) When I am physically at my business, all of my apps work using local network settings.
9) I have tried to changed different models, settings, etc etc from Blue Iris but it just doesn't want to connect.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you've probably not entered the address or port number correctly in Blue Iris.

Also, since you are port forwarding an IP cam directly, you should limit the source addresses able to access the forwarded port. If the router at your business can't handle that, then you shouldn't forward the ports at all, because it will get your camera hacked sooner or later (probably has already happened, lol)

aquarian

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I am using a sonicwall TZ350 for my business. Can VPN be used on a mobile app? Because sometimes thats what I use too to view cameras in my business.

Last edited by a moderator: